hello fellow fitness friends

Options
My name is Amy and i am a single mother of a wonderful 5 yr old boy... When his father and i were together i was a bigger then...so i thought nothing about it....well after a very harsh and mentally draining seperation and visitation/child support process...i mentally was beat down.. really depressed.. my goal in life was to make it perfect for my so no matter what. well as we went along, along came more weight...and over the years i have realized the best thing for my son is for his mom to be healthy in more ways than one... i worked on quitting smoking first....then there came more weight....at my highest was almost 227.....and i had enough... local girl in our town decided to help our town by becoming a personal trainer and opened up a boot camp for women...6 week program and i have now started my 3rd round now(even with a very bad knee) i have lost a total of 26 pounds and 20 inches overall. she requires us to keep a week long diet log and turn it in. it makes me think about the choices i make day to day, and using this web site has helped more than it can imagine... if there is anyone out there that thinks they cant do 200 pushups, situps, bleachers, planks snakes or just 30m on the treadmill, you can do it, not all at once but you get there. there was so many things i could not do that i can get done now....a bonus is my son mason participate too to a degree, he is 4ft and weighed 64 pounds with a size 2 shoe. and over this same process of me eating healthier and the workouts he has lost 4 pounds total-and his dr was no impressed....i hope who read this receives inspiration and hope it can be done, just dont stop. god gives you what he knows you can handle but its up to you to decide how to handle it... sit on it or move it! i would love to hear other people stories, they help keep the spirit up!

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hope you are getting ready to concur the world on this site. I will tell you with some strong determination and the will to succeed you will go far. I have done well by logging all my food. It helps to do it before you eat it (you will be surprise how many calories are in things) I check,check and recheck the calorie content because they are not always accurate on the site. I am not a big exercise person (very hard to fit it in most days) . I work out abit with my WII (too much fun) I started by calorie level at 1200 but after a few weeks I discovered that it was far to low so I brought it up to 1430 and I lose 1 pound a week almost like clockwork. I hit the wall a couple times and did not lose for the week then the following week it got its MoJo back and off it came. I can tell you that I do budget for a treat ( I love Yoplait delights chocolate raspberry) There is a really good web site hungry girl.com tons of recipes for some yummy food (one of my favs is chicken cordon blu ) I really began to have more energy at about 20 pounds off. It is funny because the body changes slowly but its cool to discover all the new things that you have (or to be more exact the things you don’t have) like one less roll on your tummy or hey I forgot I have dimples in my cheeks :bigsmile: Again you can do it just hang in there an be patient.
    Pam :flowerforyou: