Water???

Options
why so much water?

Is water more important than sleep?

I have to choose one or the other....

(day sleeper who cant get back to sleep after I wake up to "GO")

Note: I sleep scary little as is, less than 32 hours a week.

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    water is important and so is sleep....at least 8 8ozglasses a day....And at least 6 hours of sleep...I am on third shift and I hate day sleeping, but I have darkened my room so it feels like night.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    drink during your wake hours, not when your trying to sleep
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No, you don't need to choose one or the other. If you space out your water enough, you won't be waking up to go. That should only happen if you're chugging water at the last minute RIGHT before bedtime - which you shouldn't be doing, like I said, space it out.

I aim for 20 8-oz glasses per day because it helps keep me from retaining water...also gives me a cushion if I go a wee bit over on sodium which I often do since it's so hard not to!
  • tegan1105
    Options
    Is water important? 60-70% of your body is made up of water, so I guess it really depends how important you think your body is......Use common sense people!
  • jpc815
    Options
    Man, that is a LOT of water! They told us 64 oz per day, or 8 eight oz glasses per day.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Is water important? 60-70% of your body is made up of water, so I guess it really depends how important you think your body is......Use common sense people!
    Some people may not know this information. :smile:
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Man, that is a LOT of water! They told us 64 oz per day, or 8 eight oz glasses per day.

Suppose to be half your body weight in ounces a day....
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thats way too little sleep. I'm a permanent night shift worker who has trouble with insomnia on my days off. Even so, I manage to get at least 6 hours a day. I make sure I always have a bottle of water handy, at work, in my car, when I'm watching TV, whatever I'm doing. It is one of the most important things you can do for your body especially when you are trying to get fit. When you diet or excercise your body uses up the protein you eat and the fat you burn and the waste products have to get flushed out of your body to keep you healthy. If you don't keep the water within reach, you'll forget to drink it. If its beside you all the time, you'll drink it when you see it.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Your body is about 75% water (your brain is about 83%). The cells of your body are reliant on this water to function properly so that the essential reactions that occur every minute of every can can occur. Not drinking enough water can result in fatigue, headaches, fluid retention and constipation, among other things. So yes, drinking plenty of water is important. The amount you need varies though depending on a number of factors including the climate you live in and your activity level. A good basis to start from is to halve your weight (in lbs) and drink that many ounces of water daily. If you live in a hot or dry climate, drink more. If you are very active, drink more. As others have said, it doesn't need to be water or sleep. Just space out your intake and maybe avoid drinking in the hour before bed.