Oh gosh I am FUMING!

Options
I was going to the grocery store and I was stopped at a red light, waiting to make a right turn, and someone rear-ended me. I got out to look at the damage (only minor scratches on my bumper, thank God no one was hurt)....and I told the other driver, "We should call the cops and report this". She PULLED A U-TURN and hauled butt!! I was shaking and crying and I'm still upset.

I worked my tail off (literally!) to be able to afford, love, and take care of that car, and some idiot has to go and do something like this.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who are honest and good...and there are a lot of them here on MFP. Thanks guys for letting me vent.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I was going to the grocery store and I was stopped at a red light, waiting to make a right turn, and someone rear-ended me. I got out to look at the damage (only minor scratches on my bumper, thank God no one was hurt)....and I told the other driver, "We should call the cops and report this". She PULLED A U-TURN and hauled butt!! I was shaking and crying and I'm still upset.

I worked my tail off (literally!) to be able to afford, love, and take care of that car, and some idiot has to go and do something like this.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who are honest and good...and there are a lot of them here on MFP. Thanks guys for letting me vent.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Jeez Louise!! Didn't you have vandalism in your neighborhood to your car just this summer too?
    I hope you still called the cops to report it. Sonuvabi...
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    wow, i'd have been so upset and damn pissed off.

sorry to hear about your car, i'm glad you weren't hurt though!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry!! Were you able to get a liscence plate #? Maybe you could report it that way. Last year someone hit the back of my car when it was parked, but I wasn't there to see it. Luckily for me, my car is a POS anyway. :tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Any red light cameras or other security cameras in the area that may have caught it? Hit and runs are a big deal, legally speaking.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oh man I would have like run after the car screaming I commend you for your self control! :smile:
  • rjjarvis
    Options
    In Virginia, this would be a felony if the damage to your car was over $1000. But your insurance company will cover you if you have comprehensive coverage, minus your deductible, even if you can't find the moron who hit you.

I agree with one of the prior commenters: if this was a public space that might have a security camera, the other driver might be captured on video.

You need to give the police all the details you have while your mind is still fresh.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Oh man I would have like run after the car screaming I commend you for your self control! :smile:

I think she lives somewhere nearby...the State Trooper who came to write the report said that he'd canvass the neighborhood to see if he could find the vehicle. I tried to get her tag # but it was too dark to see the tag :frown: and she left out of there like a bat out of hell.

All I can say is....karma is a b****.

She better hope the State Trooper finds her before I do. She better give her :heart: to Jesus because her (_|_) will belong to me!
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    oooh, I hope they catch her! what's stupid is it was minor scratches, but fleeing is gonna get her into so much trouble.

a couple of months ago I walked to my car after work to find a bunch of scratches on the back drivers side. someone had hit me while I was at work. :noway: I have to pay $500 to get it fixed! no wonder the bastich didn't leave a note. :grumble:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    OMG! That's awful! I had my car parked at work (Remember this Kelly??? LOL) and some guy with his pals ran into the side of my car and destroyed it and took off!!! I forget all that happened, but I think it was totaled or almost totalled? Anyway...That bites!