help!!! i am in a slump

Options
I have be following this program for 30 days now, and its great. I went down 8lbs in the first 2 weeks but after that nothing. I workout at least 30 min a day and I have never been in the red on calories. What can I do?

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    what is your workout like in a gym on a tredmil
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    This sounds like you might be starting to gain some muscle and since its heavier then fat, the scale will not be reflecting your positive gains.
    Also, try a change in your workout routine, maybe even something radical as your body might find a common routine stagnant, and it needs a good jump start
  • teddyann
    teddyann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories?
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I would try to switch up your workout routine, if it is the same everyday. Maybe increase to doing an hour every other day instead, mixing more strength and cardio.

I am not sure what you are eating, but there is a chance you aren't eating enough. Again, I have no idea what you are eating, so I can't help there.

Also, the scale can be annoying and not move, but have you checked how your body is feeling? Notice any changes on the inches? I would use that to measure if what you are doing is working vs the number on the scale.

If you feel all of the above does not pertain to you or something to that effect, talk to your doctor?
  • socialbabe
    socialbabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The same is going on for me. 7 weeks to be precise. I am trying by increase my calories this week as I was was mainly under my calorie goal each day, which I believed would help my loss. I increased my exercise endurance (jogging, attack classes) from walking and body pump on my GP's advice. With no result. I admit to loosing it a few times over the last 7 weeks because of the frustration. My shape has definatly changed but not actual size and weight.. I have 17kg to loose so I am not close enough to be experiencing a plateau. Keep in touch as this is a very frustrating problem. I am happy to share my diet plan and exercise with you if that would help motivate you? Good luck on this challenging journey.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    what are your sodium levels like?
  • socialbabe
    socialbabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you test your sodium levels?
  • harmonykay
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am always close to my calories. I was workingout an hour or more everyday. Can you workout to much?