Low Carb, High Protein Diet

Options
I'm starting on this, apparently it'll speed up my metabolism or something. Anyway it's 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% good fats.
I'd just like your opinion on this diet or what the results were like if you've ever tried something similar.

Replies

• kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I did the Atkins diet a while back. However, I limited my red meats and ate fish and chicken instead. Just be careful of how much fat you consume. The Atkins diet is a unhealthy way to lose weight. I did lose wait but found a better diet that works for me.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    def. increase protien and decrease carbs but its difficult to have a really little amount of carbs. a tip some people say that has worked for me is don't eat carbs for the afternoon. I eat most of my carbs for breakfast and a little for lunch and mainly protien and fat in the evening but i think the best thing to do is try different ways and find out what works best for you because ever body is different. xxxxxxx
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I did the Atkins diet a while back. However, I limited my red meats and ate fish and chicken instead. Just be careful of how much fat you consume. The Atkins diet is a unhealthy way to lose weight. I did lose wait but found a better diet that works for me.

I don't believe that Atkins is an unhealthy way to lose weight if you commit to it from start to finish and move up the carb ladder as outlined in the book.

I got off all medications while I was doing Atkins and my blood work was phenomenal. Saturated fats are not unhealthy, there is plenty of research that says they are more healthy than unhealthy.........

The way I look at it, if saturated fats were sooo unhealthy, those of us that were breastfed were doomed from birth as breastmilk is primarily made up of long chain fatty acids (aka saturated fats).

Coconut oil is the healthiest fat on the face of the earth. It is a medium chain fatty acid (aka saturated fat).

There is more proof that Polyunsaturated fats (PUFAS) are more detrimental to our health than saturated fat due to oxidation.
  • AngeKelly
    Options
    It's not the Atkins diet per se, it's not as extreme or strict.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly raw food and lots of yogurt and stuff so my protein is usually in the red numbers (over) and sugar is usually low. It works for me. It just came naturally for me. Good luck!