Joined today...13 Jan. 2008

Options
Hello all. I did read several of your intros and am impressed how you all seem to support and encourage each other.

I am soon to be 61. Had a stomach staple in 1993. Lost way too much at first and felt lousy until I got back up to 150-160 lb. I kept it off for a few years but now I'm right back at 236. Never again will I opt for the surgery. It was rough and so was recovery.

Before the surgery I had gone on a diet many times. It was always relatively easy for me to take the weight off but it was a nightmare keeping it off and always gained it all back. I mistakenly thought the staple was a permanent solution. Now I find myself in this position again and that's why I am here now.

I am retired and live in western NY. and am looking forward to getting to know you ladies and getting this weight off so I can show my face at the Memorial Day parade in a short sleeved top and shorts.

I will be very happy to offer support and encouragement to anyone who needs it.
I wish you all the very best in your efforts to lose weight and be healthier.

Replies

• wildflower
    Options
    Hello all. I did read several of your intros and am impressed how you all seem to support and encourage each other.

I am soon to be 61. Had a stomach staple in 1993. Lost way too much at first and felt lousy until I got back up to 150-160 lb. I kept it off for a few years but now I'm right back at 236. Never again will I opt for the surgery. It was rough and so was recovery.

Before the surgery I had gone on a diet many times. It was always relatively easy for me to take the weight off but it was a nightmare keeping it off and always gained it all back. I mistakenly thought the staple was a permanent solution. Now I find myself in this position again and that's why I am here now.

I am retired and live in western NY. and am looking forward to getting to know you ladies and getting this weight off so I can show my face at the Memorial Day parade in a short sleeved top and shorts.

I will be very happy to offer support and encouragement to anyone who needs it.
    I wish you all the very best in your efforts to lose weight and be healthier.
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome aboard:bigsmile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :smile:
  • stargirlie
    Options
    welcome and good luck with your weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • ginny
    ginny Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey! It's head thing, definetly Gotta beleive that you can do it! lots of luck to you. My daughter had that surgery at 19 and it's been good for her. But you can always gain again so it';s a constant battle. I find that exercise helps me mentally and physically. You have to time for it since you are reitired so get walking!! You can do it! and u r young!
  • brazeaut
    brazeaut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I give you a lot of credit doing this a second time. For some surgery is a great solution, but without life changing habits being altered the end result is the same no matter what we do. This is possible at any age...I would love to see my mom (60) try to change things as well before her health deteriorates into oblivian.

I am very excited that you found this site too. These are a great bunch of people! I look forward to you checking in and letting us know how you are doing.
  • wildflower
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your kind words of wisdom and encouragement. It means so much to me.
    I have gone so far downhill I think the only direction available to me now is up. Since gaining back this weight I feel exhausted most of the time but I am determined to feel better.
    I do babysit Mon.-Fri. for an infant. I was feeling so empty and she has given me so much joy. When the weather breaks and the snow melts, I can walk the baby. I know I cannot speed walk yet but maybe even that's still to come.
    brazeaut, I understand about your mom...Maybe your enthusiam and your success will inspire her and become your partner. :flowerforyou:
    ginny, you are an inspiration...thank you!:flowerforyou:
    A big hug for stargirl, deanea and mrsjo.
  • asg301323
    Options
    Good luck to you. I joined yesterday and was so suprised to see how welcoming everyone was. You can do it for good this time!! We are all going to be in People next year. People's annual lost half of their size will all be myfitnesspal people. Wouldn't that be cool? asg301323 in Nebraska
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    :blushing: Hi everyone. I joined today and am hoping this site works for me! I've read some of your responses that I feel comfortable knowing that other people are sharing the struggle with weigh loss. Please if anyone has any encouraging words, feel free to pass them along!! :wink:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    bienvenida :happy: