Thats it gloves are off!!!!!!! Rant lol

Options
Good morning all x

Please bear with me small rant coming to whoever reads

Year on year i say right thats it time to lose weight so i work hardish for the summer months (lost a stone last year) and then by the school summer holidays i stop as kids are home, we go on hols etc and as autumn approaches i think ah well winter soon shove a big coat on and nobody notices etc
I never buy clothes for myself and always say well the kids needed stuff before me etc because i get so depressed at trying stuff on and feeling like a blob. Every year i buy smaller jeans in the moment saying ill get into those but i never have.(wardrobe full now)
For the last 5 years ive vowed to go back to the school playground to drop kids in new Sept term looking thinner and healther with new clothes after the 6 weeks holiday but i never have. :mad:

Well you know what THIS YEAR I WILL !!!!!!:noway:

And as selfish as it sounds and yes i do want i healthier lifestyle i also want:
People to notice me a little more
New clothes that fit
Look in the mirror and not feel so sad:cry:
A new hair do
A swimsuit on holiday
To get my legs out in the sun (poor things aint seen sunlight in many years):noway:
To feel comfortable and happy with my body in my relationship (you know ladies light off and all that):blushing:

SO TO ALL MY FITNESS PALS THIS IS MY GOAL AND I WILL ACHIEVE THE ABOVE AND SO MUCH MORE WITH YOUR SUPPORT

So welcome all the first day of the new me!!!

RANT OVER!
Have a wonderful day xx:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JoanHolly
    JoanHolly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can do this. Just log and exercise. You will be looking great in no time!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You can do this :flowerforyou:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I know its hard... my mom used to be like that. She gave all she had to the family. One day she got so depressed about not feeling actually happy herself, and after some struggle she is now thinner, guys DO notice her, she has bunch of new clothes and shoes, new hair, and she is much happier!
    You need to keep a little part of yourself for... yourself! You can do it!
  • julie4760
    Options
    go for it, a healthier happier you means healthier happier kids :happy:
  • deandt
    deandt Posts: 20
    Options
    Good luck. Not that you need it Im sure you will do well.

Just get adding some friends on here for support and it really makes a difference when theya ctually congratulate you.

what I do suggest id excersizing though as it really does make the difference. Every day Ive lost 1lb but lost 2 when I only did a 15 min jog.

Yesturday I pigged out on Ribs, chips onion rings n stuff as sundays my pig out day and I went training afterwards and I have still lost 1lb.

So it is possible as long as you keep to you recomended cals.
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Hey....I'm with you on that. Been saying it for 20 years lol. I'm doing it this time and hopefuly will be the last time I have to.

GOOD LUCK! x
  • posherspice
    posherspice Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As a mum of two too I so relate to this - it's hard to find head space to think about your own diet and exercise when you've got young kids. Don't think about the long journey - concentrate on the first half-stone. That's enough to feel the difference and then you'll find you're on a roll - success breeds success. Keep logging and when you slip just pick yourself up and start again. Good luck and keep us in touch!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You can do it - we're all behind you! :laugh:

Sue :smile: x
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you deserve it!!

For almost 21 years I have put my kids before myself but decided that I did deserve some "me" time at the end of last year! Got to say I am loving it!!

As mums we are human beings in our own right and it is not wrong to be a little selfish and devote some quality time to yourself.

Go for it and we will support you all the way!

Feel free to add me if you would like to be kept on the straight and narrow!!
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    I understand completely....I have made myself the same promises...running with my kids, going to baseball games in skinny shorts instead of sweats, and my favorite....wearing a swimsuit (and actually get in the pool with my kids and play). I have failed at them many times. This year I have made the decision that I will do these things and it WILL BE THIS SUMMER!!!!

Set those goals and go after them!!!
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Thankyou all so much xxx
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    You can do it! And we're all here to support you:flowerforyou:
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I don't have kids but I've had other reasons for procrastinating and putting the diet off til Monday. I joined here in July 2010 and lost 3stone (42lbs) up to Xmas. Then it started to creep back on so now I'm on my last "Monday morning" and I know how it feels to want all the things you want. But I've learnt that I can do it and altho it's taken alot to get back into it. I'm there now.
    I can look forward to events in the future knowing I'll be slimmer for that and will be able to wear something nice and feel more confident. I know I'll still be hugely over weight but I also know I'll be lighter than I once was and that feels good.

Someone once wrote on here "this time nxt week I will weigh less than I do now" and I think that's a great feeling. Baby steps, one weekly weigh in at a time but in the end we will all get there.

Good luck. You've made a great start. Go for it x
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    It's not selffish - you are taking care of yourself and your entire family will benefit from a healthier you! Love yourself, love your body, and treat yourself well because you deserve it. I believe you will do it this time too :smile:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Go for it!:flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    It is not selfish at all. By caring for yourself you are also saying you care for your family by wanting to be healthy. A healthy mom is one has more energy to be active with her kids and is saying you want to be around to see them grow up and have their own kids.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! SAHM of 4, homeschooler, part time RN who works night shifts. It is so easy to put ourselves on the backburner when things get busy or the kids/husband have needs. I realized that when my daughters grow up I want them to know that it is okay for them to take time for themselves to keep healthy and sane . . .I want my sons to make sure they are giving their wives the time and opportunity to take time for themselves. If I want these things in my children I must model it for them. I don't feel so guilty about heading to the gym, about preparing my own meals when the family wants something that would tip my food diary for the day. Model what you hope for your children!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Take the gloves off, take no prisoners!!!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Terri, I like your attitude! that is what it will take to meet your goals. it is not selfish to want to be healthy for yourself and for your family! Good luck and kick butt!!!
  • appleshells
    Options
    You can do it!!!

As moms we tend to say "I will start tomorrow" when it comes to ourselves.