waist measurement

Options
i would like to ask for help on where exactly is the waistline.

is it 1 inch above the belly button?

or is it at the narrowest part, the one that indents when you bend sideways?

i'm confused because different sources say either one or the other. so, which is it really?

i need help because i would like to also track my progress through body measurements.

thanks for your help!

Replies

• MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    I've always measured the narrowest part.
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    I would say it's the narrowest part, but for me that IS about an inch above my navel.

Oh, and as long as you measure at the same place every time, it doesn't matter so much. It's the difference you're most interested in. :)
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think you can measure the area that you want to as long as you're consistent, I measure where my belly button is just so i have a good guide lol
  • jojojor
    Options
    When I get measured at the gym they always ask me to bend sideways to find your waist.
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I always no it across my navel (cause it is a marker) I do the same on my thigh, calf and arm I find a freckle or a scar or something and always go at that point so I know I am measuring the same point and can compare them correctly!
  • chiarajulieann
    Options
    thank you so much for all your replies. i guess it doesn't really matter which point to measure as long as you measure the same point every time.

i think i'll use the narrowest part as my reference point so that it will the smallest in number, he he. =D

thanks again!