30 Day Shred AND Banish Fat!

Options
Morning guys!

I'm currently working my way through the 30ds and I'm tempted to get the Banish fat dvd as well.... I generally do the Shred first thing in the morning and i'm looking at doing the Banish fat in the evning.

Does anyone recommend this? Apparently the banish fat one doesn't contain strenght training so I wouldn't be at risk of over doing the ol muscles?

Thanks!

Replies

• MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat is ROUGH!!! Lots of jumping jacks and burpee's. I sweat uncontrollably when I do that workout! I think it's super hard, but other than that, I'd say GO FOR IT! Good luck!
  • zcosborne86
    Options
    Thanks chick! I will probably end up hating Jillian Michaels with a passion but if it shifts the belly bulge then im happy!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I love banish fat! It is a really tough work out. I bought it and No more trouble zones after completeing the shread because I liked Jillians style. Its twice the length, but at a similar intensity to the shred, I do it a few tims a week, with the shred in between. I couldn't do it every day though, it might kill me!
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do BMBF right after 30-day shred. I'm on day 7 of level-2 and have been doing that since day one level-1. I'm seeing results and I'm feeling an increase in endurance. It's ROUGH, but you can do it if you push yoursled (high-knees kill me!)
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    BFBM is tough, probably the hardest DVD I've done so far. I've finished the 30 Day Shred and I'm just now finishing JM's 30 Day slimdown program which incorporate the Shred, BFBM and NMTZ.

I've posted the program in my blog here. The first 2 weeks are not as bad, not a lot of cardio so definitely recommend adding some on your own but the last 2 weeks are tough...there are a few days where you'd do 90 minutes of workout!

Check it out if you like:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/petithamu/view/day-1-of-slimdown-shred-level-1-66478
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love BFBM. She includes kickboxing it two of the circuits which is a really good change. You'll see some familiar moves: burpees, supermans, high-knees, butt kicks, twisting plank, rock climbers... haha But there are some new moves in there to in order to mix things up.

I love it.. you think at first "Ohh thing isn't too bad.." But then before you know it you're huffing and puffing. At one point Jillian says, "Are you feeling this right now?! If you're not in pain, I expect e-mails!!" haha love her.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    New release by Jillian this week, Ripped in 30. Has 4 levels of evil! I pre-ordered it on Amazon and should have it by Thursday.
  • lou1604
    Options
    what is a shred !?
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Your worst nightmare. Go to Walmart and buy this DVD. It will Kick your A#$. Just try it for a week... Guys that talk smack about it just dont know...Jillian Michaels is the DEVIL...or at least Satan's minion.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    This workout is on Exercise TV onDemand I will be trying this out! Maybe today? Thanks for feedback.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    They only have level one on exercise tv. You'll have to buy the dvd to do the other levels.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Your worst nightmare. Go to Walmart and buy this DVD. It will Kick your A#$. Just try it for a week... Guys that talk smack about it just dont know...Jillian Michaels is the DEVIL...or at least Satan's minion.

haha, totally agree!! I like that, Satan's minion..I'll be calling her that today when I do NMTZ...
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love this workout! The first two times I did it I nearly puked and was lying on the floor dying. It still kicks my butt but you feel so good when it's over.
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes! She is the devil! I love Jillian to death and doing 30 Day Shred is when she became known as B*** to me. But BFBM was when she became known as "effin effer". LOL!!!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yes! She is the devil! I love Jillian to death and doing 30 Day Shred is when she became known as B*** to me. But BFBM was when she became known as "effin effer". LOL!!!

Totally agree. I hate her but love her at the same time. She definitely knows how to work you to get those great results though...you'll love her then!