If you have a friend struggling ....

Options
Don't forget to let them know you are there for them. and If you are struggling and need a friend to lean on I'll be that friend! :)

Replies

• jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Amen, I had a friend post last night on FB that she thought maybe it was worth being fat if she could eat the foods she loved....i TOLD HER THAT THERE WASN'T A REASON SHE COULDN'T EAT THE FOODS SHE LOVED IN MODERATION AND ALSO INCORPORATING EXERCISE INTO HER LIFE, SHE IS ON THAT STUPID hcg DIET THING...
  • appleshells
    Options
    I just talked a girl I work with into joining MFP after she has seen what it's done for me so far! I told her we will encourage each other!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ach - Mr Coach I'll have to look you up on FB!
  • sistahfierce
    Options
    I surely need encouragement as I get started with a new LifeStyle change. I had been on MFP keeping though not long enough to see a change physically but also during some health challenges which i'm still dealing with but I need to lose weight to eliminate so adversity to the health issues. My goal is 45lbs and I have joined Planet Fitness so im ready. I just need to create a good eating plan and encouragement and thank you in advance for being willing to do that.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If they are actually struggling, yes, I agree.

If they simply haven't made a commitment to better health, that's another. There's someone in my life like this and that individual drives me up a wall. When you ask what this individual is willing to change to meet goals, the answer is "nothing"--despite a stroke, badly arthritic knees, and arrythmia, and HBP. Sorry, but if you want to continue to have a diet of candy, pastry and steak and never even attempt to walk, let alone exercise--you aren't struggling. You're in denial and I can't help you.
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Well hey you can find me on facebook i have a group that helps eachother out in this way

http://www.facebook.com/p90x#!/home.php?sk=group_174769109231499&ap=1
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I was shopping at TJ Maxx yesterday and the woman behind the counter asked me if I was going to work out (based on my outfit I was wearing and the fact that I bought new sports bras, capri workout pants and underarmour socks..) I told her yes and she told me she wishes it were easier for her. She was a very large woman and said that dieting is her downfall. I wrote the MFP website down on a piece of paper and told her to give it a try. I told her she deserved to be healthy and happy and that this place would support her journey even if no one else would (her hubby likes her that way she said!) I love spreading the word about how helpful this site is =)
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    I was shopping at TJ Maxx yesterday and the woman behind the counter asked me if I was going to work out (based on my outfit I was wearing and the fact that I bought new sports bras, capri workout pants and underarmour socks..) I told her yes and she told me she wishes it were easier for her. She was a very large woman and said that dieting is her downfall. I wrote the MFP website down on a piece of paper and told her to give it a try. I told her she deserved to be healthy and happy and that this place would support her journey even if no one else would (her hubby likes her that way she said!) I love spreading the word about how helpful this site is =)

That fits in this topic so well