Work Out Days?

autiemommy
autiemommy Posts: 238
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Quick Question.

How many days a week does everyone work out do you have a set schedule?

The reason i ask i worked out for 5 days and on the 6th day i went to work out and the drive and motivation just wasnt there? Is that bad?

Replies

• setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    I usually go 3 to 4 days just because that is what I can do with my schedule. On the days that I don' i ry to do something a litle less intense like walking my dog. Remeber your body does need a break. If your working and takeing care of a family and working out and whatever else you are doing you are going to ware down. Give your body at least 2 days off.
  • 5 days shoul d be ample as long as you are doing at least 45 minutes per workout and are active enough during those workouts that you are sweating. If you want to add a 6th day, try making it something you enjoy, a fun day workout as I call it. Good luck!:smile:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    I used to do it 6x a week now its 5x....just gotta find something you really like to do!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    i view my week in terms of rest days. I aim at 2 or 3. When i do weights I also do 30 min of cardio, so after 2 straight intense days I like a rest. You body gets stronger on rest days. If I play hockey of do another activity it counts as an exercise day, I fill the rest of teh days with gym time. If I don`t have any exercise palnned for the week end, I save 2 days of rest for the week-end.

So my range is 3 to 5 days of exercise a week. If I just do 3 days I feel like my effort was low for the week, 5 I am very satisfied/happy with my effort. 4 days is acceptable/good.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I was doing it 7 days a week now I do between 5 days and 6 days a week
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    I do 7 days a week...not because I feel like I have to, but when I try to take a rest day, my body feels like it needs to do something. So, some days its elliptical, some days it circuit training...everyday I walk/jog. Don't see it taking weight off any faster, but it makes me feel better overall.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    I aim for 6 days at the gym. I've only been gettin in bout 5 days a week bc of my work schedule or something comes up but on my good weeks, I go 6 days a week.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    I aim for at least 3 days a week of gym time. But I also walk/jog 5 days a week as I've started walking to/from work and on my lunch breaks as well.
This discussion has been closed.