WHAT IS GOING ON..GAINED 2LBS, WHAT DID I DO??

Options
So I am weighing myself once a week just to make sure I am doing things right, the past two weeks I was dropping two pounds a week, I got on the scale this morning and it said I gained 2lbs, SUPER confused. The only different thing I did was the shredding it dvd, i have been doing that for 5 days straight and using 5lb weights. I did check my food log and noticed out of the 7 days I went over my calories 4 of those days, about 100-200 calories over, I can't imagine that would make me gain 2lbs, I worked out the whole week. I AM SOOOOOOO CONFUSED!!!

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Whe you say you went over 4 days...are you eating back all your exercise calories + 100-200 extra? If you are eating them all back, you might try to eat back 50-75% of them instead of all of them and see if that gets things moving again. Without seeing your diary I can't really offer any specific feedback but playing around with your calorie intake could help! Good luck!

Sometimes the body just gets stuck for a week or so.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    No not eating back my calories, going over meaning it was -100, in red.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Whenever I amp up my exercise, my muscles retain lots of water. Are you sore? Especially with weights I find that happens. Your muscles retain the water to aid in repairing. I bet in a day or two it'll be gone. Drink lots of H2O!
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    Yes I have been a little sore, I drink 96 oz of water a day, not sure what is going on. All that hard work :sad:
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    maybe u gained muscle weight..or its your TOM.. i always gain around that time??
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    @iluvmine, well there is a guy at my job that is a trainer and he said you wouldn't have gained 2lbs muscle in one week, and no its not TOM....
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    oh. i guess sometimes the weight fluctuates?? or what bout your scale? maybe its off... i wouldnt worry bout it too much. if you weigh in again next week and you gain more then i would be worried. just keep up ur good diet and exercise and it will work out..
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's definitely not a muscle gain. Honestly, I am telling you. This has happened to me EVERY time I increase my weights/rev up my workout. Your muscles will let it go, it just takes a few days. Don't stress about it.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I only lost .5 lbs the week I started the shred videos...I think there is a lot of initial muscle gain from them. Talked to another friend who said she didn't lose weight while doing them but gained a lot of muscle.
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am going to keep working out and eating right, (not sure how you can tell if the scale is not working right) but oh well. Got to keep moving, but it is bugging me.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuates. Personally I've given up my scales. If I am eating less than I was before and am staying near my goal, plus adding in more exercise then it is impossible for me NOT to lose weight eventually.

don't worry about it for now and see what happens next week - I bet you lose the 2lbs again, if not more.
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    Yeah, I was thinking that it might be muscle, but geez 2lbs of muscle in one week. OMG, all this hard work, sorry guys for venting, I should start taking my measurements.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    being going on this for over a year. it's normal. dont worry. I went thru similar spells too.
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was thinking that it might be muscle, but geez 2lbs of muscle in one week. OMG, all this hard work, sorry guys for venting, I should start taking my measurements.

I don't think you should worry. You changed your workout habits. It may happen. Plus on top of that maybe you drank a lot of water yesterday and retained it. I wouldn't worry too much. A couple of weeks ago I gained like 3 lbs and then the next lost 2... Just weigh yourself in a couple of days and you'll see.
    I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't get desperate and go overboard though!!! :)
    Just make sure you eat right, work out right, sleep right and drink right and your body will do what it's supposed to!