Ladies Only Post!! TOM question!!

Options
Ladies I have lost 14 lbs in 1 1/2 months and I am doing it the healthy way. My period is late and want to know if my weight loss could be causing that?

I am definitely not pregnant so this is the only other thing I can think of that could cause this. As of today it is 2 days late. Should I worry?

Replies

• TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi!! How late is late? My first month I was about 4 days late but the next month I was back on track
  • SophieLouise95
    Options
    Don't worry! as youve lost weight, your body will have changed, so yes your period will have been affected. Theres no problem, and it should be along soon:smile:
  • ExpectingToFly
    Options
    Sometimes it's late when your body is going through such a big change. I wouldn't worry; mine is often late (and sometimes early!)
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of women on here talking about how changing their diet/exercise regimen causes their period to arrive late (once or twice, but then it straightens itself out). I personally started spotting (even though I'm on BC) and I've been told it has to do with how drastically I've changed my daily routine. Then again I'm not any kind of doctor, this is just my opinion/what I've been told from others.

Hope this helps :)
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My doctor says that the only time medical professionals are concerned is if it is 2 weeks or more late. Apparently they consider anything up to 2 weeks in the "normal" range, because women's bodies are always undergoing changes are are very suseptible to stressors, etc.
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I switched up my workout routine this month and my period was about a week late because of it. Dont worry!
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry. That happened to me too when I first started working out a lot. It's not because of low body fat percentage I'm sure, so your cycle is probably just adjusting. If you skip more than one month, something else may be going on and I'd ask a doctor. But it's pretty normal to skip one month or to change your cycle routine every now and again.
  • urbanruralmomma
    Options
    I don't think you should worry yet. I've lost about 7lbs in two weeks, and i can definitely feel 'something' going on in that area.

There's probably a measurable amount of pressure that's now absent from your mid-section. I'm not surprised that you're a bit late. I've always heard that bigger girls have stronger TOM's, too. (you're not so big now, so your TOM may be less intrusive!)

I'd enjoy the liberation and give it a few more days. If a week goes by and no TOM, i'd give your MD a call.

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    Yah dont worry about it because the last two months, my period was late because I am constantly switching up my routines of working out and stuff!! It always happens!
  • xcharysma
    xcharysma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. It's normal when you're doing something to your body to make a change. My friend that went through military boot camp said she didn't have her period for a month because of the vigorous training she had to endure.
  • ybent
    ybent Posts: 10
    Options
    Definitely (coming from my physician hubby).
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Your body is adjusting , you should be fine...:wink:
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! I knew you'd have the answers!! I'm not worried any more!