staying at or under my calorie goal and exercising, weight g

Options
I am working out in the gym 3-4 times a week with hard workouts and staying at or under my 1200 calorie allowance. My body fats in in the 24% area so I defintly can lose. The first week and a half I lost about .4 oz a day. then I stayed the same and then I started putting all the weight back on. I try to stay sugar free and when I do workout I don't add to my allowed calories because of what I worked out. I feel great I just can't figure out why I am going up in weight. I am in week 3 in dieting and I have been working out since January 1. Please let me know what could be going on.

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Easy. You're not eating enough. You've starved your body and now it's holding on to as many of those 1200 calories a day you feed it as it can.
  • ajdecker
    Options
    My sister said the same thing. Its mentally hard for me to go over the 1200 cals. Thanks for posting.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I only use My fitness pal to track meals.. Don't get all screwed up on the number bits.. You allow yourself to do that and indeed you will suffer.

Add a little more to each serving during your breakfast and lunch meals, and you will see a difference..