quick & easy finger foods

Options
I need ideas of quick and easy picnicky style finger foods. . planning my menu for the first weekend events of spring(I do a lot of dog events). I usually just hit McD's or BK, but am planning ahead! my brain is drawing a blank of things to take, right now my list includes:
Cucumber sandwiches
String Cheese
Cherr/Grape Tomatos
Apples & caramel dip
was thinking spread cheese & crackers

Just drawing a complete blank of easy things to take. .. I have to be able to grab it out of the cooler and walk(I usually walk 24+ miles during one of these weekends) with a dog in hand LOl

thanks!

Replies

• craigmonk
    Options
    Although not really finger food or overly exciting carrot sticks and cucumber refrershing and also great source of water. With the crackers not only cream cheese maybe marmite or peanut butter different sorces energy.
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese
    Almonds
    Beef Jerkey
    I make a low cal wheat pizza and then wrap the slices individually. It really keeps me full in the early afternoon time till dinner (about 250 calories) and it doesn't really need to be refridgerated during the day.
    Snap peas

I'de like to know what other people do also!
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are good.
    Make roll ups (whole wheat tortilla with your favorite spread and meat. roll up and slice)
    Apples & peanutbutter
    You may want to invest in a wide mouth thermos to use for warm things like soups, stirfrys etc...
    I hope this helps a bit. I go to a lake quite a bit and need to take things like these too in coolers for me and my kids.:happy:
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese
    Almonds
    Beef Jerkey
    I make a low cal wheat pizza and then wrap the slices individually. It really keeps me full in the early afternoon time till dinner (about 250 calories) and it doesn't really need to be refridgerated during the day.
    Snap peas

I'de like to know what other people do also!
    Whats your pizza receipe?
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    think pizza may be too messy with the dogs, but did remember the nature valley granola nut cluster's with almonds and goign to take a can or two of sliced peaches(that may be too messy too LOL).
  • supermariocycling
    supermariocycling Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I try to always keep Clif Bars on hand. I try not to eat too much pre-packaged stuff, but Clif Bars are not your typical bar. Trader Joe's has several of their flavors. Walmart has them in 5 & 6 bar boxes for pretty cheap.
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had to break it down again.

Wegman's wheat pizza (large) - 200 calories a slice (1600 for whole thing)
    Wegmans sauce (3/4ths of jar) - 180 calories
    Aldies - fit & active cheese (1/4th cup) - 90 calories
    Aldies - regular shredded cheese (1/2 cup) - 220 calories

= roughly 261 calories a slice. I

t's pretty thick so I stay satisfied a long time. I don't like the light cheeses too much so I use more of the regular. It doesn't get messy at all.

It's also roughly - 5g fat 45 g carb 13 g protein 7g sugar 5g fiber
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had to break it down again.

Wegman's wheat pizza (large) - 200 calories a slice (1600 for whole thing)
    Wegmans sauce (3/4ths of jar) - 180 calories
    Aldies - fit & active cheese (1/4th cup) - 90 calories
    Aldies - regular shredded cheese (1/2 cup) - 220 calories

= roughly 261 calories a slice. I

t's pretty thick so I stay satisfied a long time. I don't like the light cheeses too much so I use more of the regular. It doesn't get messy at all.

It's also roughly - 5g fat 45 g carb 13 g protein 7g sugar 5g fiber

i'll have to look into this, I don't mind cold pizza!