ETSY - whose fault is this?

Options
amandalc980
amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
Someone on here posted one time that her reward item was a shirt on Etsy. Ok, come clean! You are a pusher whoever you are! You gave me a taste of the drug that is Etsy and know I am addicted! You should be ashamed!

I have bought beautiful heating pads with chamomile because I needed them.

Then I bought a green skirt for my St Patrick’s day run, because I needed it!

I bought a decal for my IPod and IPad, because they were funny and I really needed decals!

I just bought my baby second cousin a beautiful headband and blanket because she needed them!

I am going to buy a homemade wine rack today because honestly, I need a wine rack!

Is there a twelve step Etsy program? I NEED IT!

Replies

• polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Etsy!!!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Etsy??? Ok, I'm a dork and haven't heard of it. Guess I'll have to check it out...
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    ooohhh what homemade wine rack are you getting?!
  • travelsoul88
    Options
    I LOOOOOOVEEE ETSY!! I was thinking yesterday about saying something about etsy on here lol .. Wow glad someone did... Even though I’m not sure how relevant it is to most topics on MFP lol - thank you for saying something hehe … I sell vintage on there. I do love the handmade/artist world of etsy… someday I may sell my art :)

Here is my shop

http://www.etsy.com/shop/nine20nine aka my second home
  • itsjustme77
    Options
    I have an ETSY site...
    www.thecraftyones.etsy.com

Feel free to reward yourself there. :)

Heather
  • amandalc980
    Options
    ooohhh what homemade wine rack are you getting?!

I am torn between http://www.etsy.com/listing/65260512/custom-wine-bottle-rack and http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.207471176.jpg

Tough choices!!!
  • amandalc980
    Options
    Itsjustme and travelsoul are just feeding my addiction!!! Your taking wine to an AA meeting! This is awful! I love the Cheers necklace!
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ETSY has some very cool things. But I've also found some very wierd things too--like a ring with human teeth instead of precious stones. And the ring was $750.00! And although this artist hadn't ever made one, she offered to make a bracelet using human teeth if you so desired one.
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    Oh I know!! Etsy is HORRIBLE but so WONDERFUL at the same time! There are a lot of talented people there!
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    ETSY has some very cool things. But I've also found some very wierd things too--like a ring with human teeth instead of precious stones. And the ring was $750.00! And although this artist hadn't ever made one, she offered to make a bracelet using human teeth if you so desired one.

Okay now, that's just friggin' creepy...
  • travelsoul88
    Options
    omg I KNOW that tooth ring artist your talking about! I could never decide if I liked it or not.. lol different thats for sure
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    well then, i would like to direct you to my etsy shop......where i have lots of stuff that helps with stretch marks!!!! and 100% of the profits are donated to my 3 day susan g komen walk!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SaucySomethins
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    love love love etsy!!
  • sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    Options
    It is crack! Not just the money spent but the TIME spent searching for the right item. Fine art along side trendy neat-o things along side church-lady crafts along side vintage. I frequently shop supplies as well. :)
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Funny thing is one of my 'homework' items (I assign myself homework sometimes) for this week is to go look at that site so I could analyze that homemade internet market with a friend-- yup think I'm going to pass. ETSY Abstinance! :laugh: This site sounds dangerous!!
  • itsjustme77
    Options
    Itsjustme and travelsoul are just feeding my addiction!!! Your taking wine to an AA meeting! This is awful! I love the Cheers necklace!

Sorry :) See, I'm addicted to crafting, and I have to sell my stuff in order to buy new supplies for new projects. :) My new venture... stuffed monsters. :)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options

I love Etsy too...and have also found some...interesting things..on the site. Like a woman who makes replicas of your lower female body parts based on photos you send her.
  • amandalc980
    Options

I love Etsy too...and have also found some...interesting things..on the site. Like a woman who makes replicas of your lower female body parts based on photos you send her.

The gift that just keeps giving... ewww
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Etsy is awesome! I sell photography on there but I don't want to post my shop and make your addiction worse! lol
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I live etsy and all the peeps that sell their stuff there. (hey Jesse!!!!!!) I brought some etsy people with me when I started here. Best kind of people are those crafty ladies