Guys, help a gal out please! *long, sorry*

Options
sorry, I know this should be posted under general discussion but for some reason the page just stops loading half way through, and well I "technically" need support for this topic :wink:

so... there's this guy that i like at uni :love: and i was at uni yesterday sitting down getting ready to study for my exam that was on today and he comes over and sits down at the table with me, not too long later my friend Jess - my "wingman" - came into uni and we all ended up talking for about 4hrs :bigsmile: :noway:

the thing is
a) he had nothing on that day, he had already finished everything he had to do so he was just there to spend time with me (yeah thats right i'm ignoring the fact my friend jess was there:laugh:) and when we left for our lecture he decided to go home
b) was apparently checking me out especially everytime i left to go to the bathroom - i have a bladder like a pregnant lady and went like 5-6 times, apparently he was keeping count and making cute jokes about it everytime i left - and it didnt help that i was nervous (i tend to go more :sick: dont know why) or drank a bottle of water (i dont drink much water, i know i know bad lauren)
c) said he liked my hair and that he thought it looked good long, because i suggested a getting a cut when i was talking to another friend who recently got hers cut
d) he left twice but came back each time... he joked it was because he wanted someone to miss him and then felt lonely after leaving so came groveling back
e) during the course of our conversation - many topics were covered - and we found out he was single :happy:, and he asked me to go out with him tonight (although he asked me after asking Jess when she said no even though he knows she has a boyfriend :huh: :indifferent: )- however! i being the @#$$%#$^!#$%$#%YTG idjit i am said no because i have to work :sick: and the only way i could get out of it is with a doctors cert., however my lovely friends suggested this afternoon that i should have said yes blew off work and claimed it on a family emergency .... of course their timing is impeccable :indifferent: it was too late :grumble: and he wasnt at uni at all today :sad:
f) my friends have all noticed that after i talk to him, and even just thinking about him, i have this huge smile on my face (:bigsmile: < doesnt even compare to it) and have a glow about me and seem the happiest that they've ever seen me, and after the past two months i have had thats a big deal

so guys i want to know your opinions, what should i do?
our mid-semester break is at the end of next week and i kinda want to make move, but i want him to... yeah i know pathetic:ohwell: but in counter-action of this i have a very childish plan planned out - its his birthday next thursday so i'm trying to organize with another friend (who kinda agreed today) to go out drinking on saturday night and we'll subtly talk about it in front of him to see if he'll ask to join us...

does anyone have any tips? or anything? i mean if its not obvious... i am so not experienced in this kind of thing or confident:frown:

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    sorry, I know this should be posted under general discussion but for some reason the page just stops loading half way through, and well I "technically" need support for this topic :wink:

so... there's this guy that i like at uni :love: and i was at uni yesterday sitting down getting ready to study for my exam that was on today and he comes over and sits down at the table with me, not too long later my friend Jess - my "wingman" - came into uni and we all ended up talking for about 4hrs :bigsmile: :noway:

the thing is
    a) he had nothing on that day, he had already finished everything he had to do so he was just there to spend time with me (yeah thats right i'm ignoring the fact my friend jess was there:laugh:) and when we left for our lecture he decided to go home
    b) was apparently checking me out especially everytime i left to go to the bathroom - i have a bladder like a pregnant lady and went like 5-6 times, apparently he was keeping count and making cute jokes about it everytime i left - and it didnt help that i was nervous (i tend to go more :sick: dont know why) or drank a bottle of water (i dont drink much water, i know i know bad lauren)
    c) said he liked my hair and that he thought it looked good long, because i suggested a getting a cut when i was talking to another friend who recently got hers cut
    d) he left twice but came back each time... he joked it was because he wanted someone to miss him and then felt lonely after leaving so came groveling back
    e) during the course of our conversation - many topics were covered - and we found out he was single :happy:, and he asked me to go out with him tonight (although he asked me after asking Jess when she said no even though he knows she has a boyfriend :huh: :indifferent: )- however! i being the @#$$%#$^!#$%$#%YTG idjit i am said no because i have to work :sick: and the only way i could get out of it is with a doctors cert., however my lovely friends suggested this afternoon that i should have said yes blew off work and claimed it on a family emergency .... of course their timing is impeccable :indifferent: it was too late :grumble: and he wasnt at uni at all today :sad:
    f) my friends have all noticed that after i talk to him, and even just thinking about him, i have this huge smile on my face (:bigsmile: < doesnt even compare to it) and have a glow about me and seem the happiest that they've ever seen me, and after the past two months i have had thats a big deal

so guys i want to know your opinions, what should i do?
    our mid-semester break is at the end of next week and i kinda want to make move, but i want him to... yeah i know pathetic:ohwell: but in counter-action of this i have a very childish plan planned out - its his birthday next thursday so i'm trying to organize with another friend (who kinda agreed today) to go out drinking on saturday night and we'll subtly talk about it in front of him to see if he'll ask to join us...

does anyone have any tips? or anything? i mean if its not obvious... i am so not experienced in this kind of thing or confident:frown:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    so i'm trying to organize with another friend (who kinda agreed today) to go out drinking on saturday night and we'll subtly talk about it in front of him to see if he'll ask to join us...

Why don't you just ask him casually to join you instead of hinting, which might backfire? That's what I would do anyway. Good luck.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    just follow up on the invite for a drink that he offered. Say something along the lines that you are not working now, exam is done and wondered if he would like to have that drink now, you were sorry you had to say no at the time.

I am sure he will understand and will like being asked for a drink as much as you did/do. Us guys like to not be doing all the work sometimes.

good luck

:drinker:
  • johnD
    johnD Posts: 14
    Options
    I would say look him up. Find a friend of his or his email or something, and let him know when your availible, The exta effort you put in will give him the confidence to ask again. I hope things work out for ya. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok I am girl....or a woman....an ol woman....naw not really just 47.

I want to say.....Ask Him Out!

I have run into 2 guys that I went to HS with. I had a crush on BOTH of them at different times. Like stalking type crush. Even took up surfing for one...and fishing for the other............

But I never spoke up...

So I have run into both of them over the past 10 years. We are married, kids the whole nine yards.

Do you know that each of them told me they had a crush on ME...and were afraid to ask me out!!

So I say...dont waste your time on wondering. Life is too short. Go for it...you may be very surprised at the outcome.

Good luck!