Starvation Mode MYTH and DANGERS!

Options
2»

Replies

• nickkehagias
    Options
    I wish I had a dollar for every time someone on this site had tried to talk down to me because I gave advice that conflicted with their pro-starvation mode stance. For those who understand what PSMF diets are for extremely obese people(or modified PSMF for those on the completely opposite end of the spectrum) understand that it often has much less to do with how many calories, rather than what TYPE of calories, and where you are getting your nutrients from. You want to keep you body out of a catabolic burning state, which is not hard to do with a constant supply of proteins and your daily BCAAs(especially leucine) Doctors prescribe PSMF diets often to the morbidly obese, and for men that is 800 calories a day(typically 60% protein, 25% carbs and 15% healthy fats) along with BCAA supplements.

So, while someone people on this site may argue a hard line on whether starvation exists or not, it is typically more a result of improperly caloric reductions, rather than your metabolism panicking.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that a lot of people have come to this site to start losing weight, mostly because they couldn't do it on their own. They create posts telling others how MFP's program is wrong, how their personal method is right, and how others should adapt it as well.

--If it is so great, why are these people coming to this site to begin with? Their methods are not working, because they're faulty.

Too many are uneducated about proper nutrition, body mechanics, and healthy weight loss. This is fine, but these people should not be spouting advice and suggestions to the rest of the community. MFP's system DOES work, and most people came here to see results. Follow the program, don't argue the methods, and enjoy a lighter/healthier body when you're done playing by the rules.

Why is this so hard?

Good post. Follow the plan and it will work. Trying to cheat the system or bend the rules is only hurting yourself.