Please Help!

Options
I need some help here people. Ive made my diary public! I have gained back 3 lbs this week...I dont get it. Ive been working out, eating under my calories and logging in every day....what is going on?? please help : ( I feel like ordering a double pepp and double cheese pizza and saying screw it : (

Replies

• Queenprell03
    Options
    Dont worry--you are going to hit a plateau or you going to gain because it is fat turning into muscles. So when you see a gain, dont worry about the scale--just look at the way your clothes fit. I did this for a week and I am starting over to help a buddy lose weight as well. When I started I lost 7 pounds in one week but then it stopped. I got discouraged but looking at how my clothes fit different helped. Good luck :happy:
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just took a quick peek at your diary. You aren't eating enough calories! You have been consistently under 1200 cal, which is the minimum amount you need to keep your body in cal-burning mode. By consuming less your body thinks it's starving itself which is why you are gaining. Make sure you eat AT LEAST 1200 calories every day. Also, vary your foods to make sure you get a good variety, especially of whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies and lean proteins. Good Luck!
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    is it a week before or during your time of the month? Sometimes that can make the scale go up..i know it has for me today.
    Otherwise, i was looking at your diary and i noticed your sodium daily is pretty high, i'd watch the processed food, even though the calories may be low, ultimately sodium is the devil when it comes to weight loss.

Thats just my 2 cents,
    Hope others can help figure it out too
  • tandtam
    tandtam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lol, you feeling like me.
    i'm trying so hard to stay focus. but just keep focused. We will do it!!!
  • Toaster88
    Options
    I agree measurements help. I weighed the same last week as the week before. This week I was up .5 pound. But The belt that fit two weeks ago needed TWO new holes put in it. The scale can be your best friend or worst enemy, but the waistline never lies.
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just by taking a look at your diary, some days you are too under your calorie goal. You should aim for at least 1200 cals or more. Also, everyday your sodium intake is WAY too high - which will lead to water retention, making you feel bloated and the number on the scale to be deceiving.

Keep up your exercise routine but switch up your diet. Your body is probably just holding onto some water.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You are starving yourself. You need a daily NET (calories in, minus calories burned) to be AT LEAST 1200 calories/day. You put your body into starvation mode and you are holding onto everything.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Eat more cals and less sodium intake. Also drink plenty of water. Switch up your exercise too as this will give your body a slight jolt and wake it up.
  • laurabeth02
    Options
    Are you switching up your workouts? Make sure that when you are doing cardio it is difficult to talk. Also, try incorporating more clean foods into your diet. Veggies, lean meats, try to stay away from stuff that comes from a box. I know this can be tricky though. Good luck!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at your diary and your sodium levels are very high and I don't see many fruits and veggies. Just remember it's not just about staying within your calories but also choosing the right kinds of foods. May try adding in some fresh fruits and veggies, keeping your sodium levels at least under 1800 and drinking lots of water to flush out your body.
  • Terriberry
    Options
    You NEED to eat all or most of your exercise calories! You are functioning on way too few calories! You need to eat a minimum of 1200 but also your exercise calories too. MFP gives you 1200 cals a day. If you burn 400 calories, your body is only getting 800 calories. You are starving your body. 1200 is ALREADY a deficit to lose weight. By not eating all of those plus not eating your exercise calories, you are doing damage to your body. I know it sounds wrong, but trust me, it works! Good luck!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Two things-sodium and processed foods. Well those two words pretty much go hand in hand. Girl you need to change that diet and add more fruit and veg and grain to your diet. You are beating your body down with that junk. Slim fast-for sure there is an easier option. Yogurt and a fruit something that is not processed. Plan your lunches out so you can grab something good. Find recipes on line that have a calorie and sodium count. You need to start making your food yourself, then you know what goes in it and not eating all that processed crap-sorry, but that is what it is. If you are going to eat sushi, just get the fish and no rolls and opt for low sodium soy sauce. Please get rid of that processed food or you will go around feeling bloated.
  • tata_rio
    Options
    My suggestion to you would be try to stay away from processed foods, which now seems to be a lot of what you are eating. That would insure that you are eating all you need closer to its natural state. Processed foods have a lot of sodium, which contributes to water retention, but also conservatives and other unnatural chemicals that your body cannot process and that also affects how your metabolism works.

Most fast food chains now have great salads to choose from. Make sure to get the dressing on the side, and add the minimum you can. Also, it may help if you try to see if there are any foods that your body doesn't process well - I've noticed that too much dairy doesn't work for me and that my body processes better sheep/goat instead of cow milk products.

Good luck!
  • BusyMomma2012
    BusyMomma2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least 1200 calories a day or your build will shut down and go into starvation mode. That could be why you have gained back some weight...because your body is holding onto the food instead of burning it.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are eating enough either!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

"Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode) "
  • princesschikee
    Options
    What the others said, but also you need to eat at least 5 times a day. I mean 5 small meals that consist of carbs, protein and fat. Take a look at my food diary. I eat a ton of food and you can see by my picture that it's okay to eat. You have to fuel your body properly in order to lose fat.
    It's all about burning fat and not losing weight.
    Lifting weights, doing cardio and eating clean is what burns fat. Gaining muscle burns fat.
    It's time to get educated on all this so you can understand the process.
    Good luck. It takes time, but it gets easier the more you learn.
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Im gonna hit the grocery store tomorrow and try to stick to the produce department more. Thanks for the honesty.
  • Monicqua
    Monicqua Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi your advice was power packed and said it all very nice, good luck ... in my experience small changes has lead to bigger healthier feeling and choices :smile:

Yes as princesschickee said "it takes time, but it gets easier the more you learn.

Each day is a new day, keep in touch