Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder NOT for wei

jen31889
jen31889 Posts: 121
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering if why Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder says do not use for weight loss. I did a little bit of research on protein drinks and this is the only one that I recall saying don't use for weight loss. I was using store brand whey and soy protein to supplement my diet and was losing that way. I started using this and my loss seemed to have slowed. It could have be coincidence. Is there a science behind why the product says not for weight loss?

Replies

• some proteins are weight gainers. I use a low fat whey protein to keep muscle mass and burn fat to drop weight
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    I am wondering also that is what I have been using
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Yes, the amount of Creatine in Body Fortress will have you retain water. Any product that you take in you must research the ingredients. Creatine is great for muscle recovery, but I wouldn't recommend taking Body Fortress for women.

I use BSN Syntha-6 and BSN Lean Dessert whey protein.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    You need some sort Protein to maintain the muscle that are bein' built when you workout. If you don't maintain these muscle, you will be flabby skinny...!
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Mike What kind do you use?
  • i use it, and i have lost 53 pounds since i've started, but i only use one scoop or half of a scoop and i mix it with fruits and 1% milk to make a smoothie.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Protein shakes are not meal replacement shakes, If you drank 2 shakes and ate 1 meal every day you would quickly become under nourished and possibly suffer health problems. Protein shakes like ON Pro Complex can be used as a snack and makes a good post workout drink. But nutritionally it is not a meal replacement shake.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    it does not want you to use it to replace meals but as a after workout drink will not make you gain weight.

says this on the label:

^^For Mass Gaining: add higher calorie foods such as
    peanut butter, 1-2% milk, and fruit juices.
    For Dieters: add lower calorie foods such as skim
    milk or just use water.
  • Asmit04h
    Asmit04h Posts: 1
    I am doing the Insanity workout and using Body Fortress super advanced whey. I love it. I am lactose intolerant so I take digestive enzymes with it, but my body is looking nice. My stomach was fat but is now almost completely gone. I have 1 more week to go and I use that protein almost everyday. Only 1 scoop though.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    All they mean by the statement is that you shouldn't use it as a meal replacement. I've been taking it every day for 7 months and lost 100 lbs.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    It may simply be to cover their *kitten*. Protein powder isn't meant as a meal replacement like Slim Fast or what have you. They may also just be trying to make it clear they're not marketing themselves as a weight loss supplement. It's probably just legal logistics.
  • QueenyLanae
    QueenyLanae Posts: 27 Member
    I add it to my oatmeal and sometimes pancake mix. I do better with my calories on the days I eat one of these for breakfast.

I lost the most amount of weight when i was eating oatmeal and whey with fruit, almost everyday. (I'm going start doing this again, tomorrow.)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    All they mean by the statement is that you shouldn't use it as a meal replacement...
    I'm thinking that's probably the case. It's a protein supplement, it doesn't have a suitable nutrition profile to be a complete meal replacement.

I've been using Body Fortress whey for 4 months and have lost 28 lbs. I use the chocolate peanut butter flavor (2 scoops) and mix it with either water or almond milk.
  • hope643
    hope643 Posts: 10 Member
    All they mean by the statement is that you shouldn't use it as a meal replacement...
    I'm thinking that's probably the case. It's a protein supplement, it doesn't have a suitable nutrition profile to be a complete meal replacement.

I've been using Body Fortress whey for 4 months and have lost 28 lbs. I use the chocolate peanut butter flavor (2 scoops) and mix it with either water or almond milk.

Awesome. That's good news because I've been using it to further enhance my lean muscle development and hopefully lose weight.. but I'm not using the product to lose weight, I'm eating right. SO as long as something in it doesn't cause fat gain, I'm good. You're proof that it doesn't I suppose
  • JadeHinesFuss
    JadeHinesFuss Posts: 1 Member
    I use the body fortress in green smoothies either that or just fruit smoothie like three cups fruit different kinds and a big green leafy salad spinach kale collard romain cucumber celery as long as it's green two to three cups w protein maybe a serving of rice w the protien like lean chicken or fish broiled w seasonings and a balanced dinner u could even do like I've done before an just make two green smoothies one for breakfast one for lunch ten the balanced dinner I find I like eating the greens best but do drink it a bit too.
    Anyhow hope this helps everyone , I've lost about five pounds in about three weeks but I do also do circuit training workouts that focus on my problem area my tummy and the circuit training helps shred fat all over too. Hope this helps everyone .
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    My time sample size is very small as I have only been at this for 6 weeks, but I have been making DIY meal replacement shakes that include this exact protein powder and have lost steadily at a pound a week. However my shake is not exclusively the protein powder, I do have other ingredients.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    A lawsuit has been filed stating that Body Fortress is protein spiking. http://romanoroberts.com.mx/protein-spiking-class-action-lawsuit-body-fortress-whey-on-the-chopping-block/

You may not be getting the protein that you think you are.
This discussion has been closed.