Zumba...does it work?

Options
Hey all...

Right now I'm doing Tony Horton's 10 minute workout...I didn't think I'd have the stamina yet for P90X so I'm trying this...but to my dismay...BORING!! OH God I need something to make me move...

Is anyone doing Zumba and do you really get something out of it, and is it enjoyable???

Blessings to all...

Diane

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    It's my savior. Such great community! Not to mention I used my HRM yesterday, and burned 772 in an hour. Now to be realistic, I go allll out. But the burn is great, and it's so much fun to dance like a crazy person with your friends!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba classes! I go twice a week and absolutely love it! It makes me sweat a bunch and I feel great afterwards! I also have the Zumba Fitness game for the Wii... I like that as well but it doesn't compare to the class!
  • Stina_Marie13
    Stina_Marie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Def enjoyable. i didnt like it due to it wasnt competitive enough for me. But dont get me wrong, you do get a nice work out! its fun and latin based music. I just need something more. i played it once then sold it.

best of luck to you in finding out what yah like!!
  • Stina_Marie13
    Stina_Marie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    mine was for the WII..haent dont a class yet...
  • lucy718
    lucy718 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The zumba for xbox 360 is awesome, it kicks your booty, seriously for the beginning lesson i'm sweating and can barely breath and side hurting. I love it.
  • jlhanks
    Options
    Zumba has saved my life! I go to classes 2-3 times a week and burn around 700 calories in an hour. I have seen the results not only in my weight loss numbers, but also just toning parts of my body I never knew could be toned!! LOL Try it once...you'll love it!
  • lableo
    lableo Posts: 15
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba. Its great, but I am looking into buying the DVDs as well. Can anyone recommend a good HRM? The one I have it just too big and not easy to use.

Mandy
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a fantastic workout. I usually burn around 400-500 calories in an hour according to my Bodybugg
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Power90 is a lead up to P90X...I'm on the last week of Power90 - and I have achieved 20 lbs lost on Day 79...

P90X Lean starts this Monday...after my Day 90 of Power90...

Zumba - I see alot of people do it, but its not for me...I'm not much of a dancer moves lol...I'm lucky to walk with my arms movin' as well LOL :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I plan on going to a zumba class next week I missed this weeks class since I didn't have the class schedule. But next Monday I am there I have heard rave reviews on how much fun it is plus it makes you sweat so I will let you know.
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I'm acutally thinking about getting certified. I only manage to go once a week right now because of my half marathon training. I usually burn around 350-400 calories per hour of Zumba. If you like to dance, you will like Zumba. Don't get discouraged the first couple of times you do it. It takes time to get the hang of the way the instructor teaches and the rhythms, but after a few times, you start remembering the steps and that's when you can really start burning some calories. Best of luck!:smooched:
  • aprilandboys
    Options
    Ive tried the zumba on wii...but its kinda hard to get the hang of if youve never taken lessons AND your NOT a dancer....maybe i'll get bored and try it again but I gotta do it when kids are sleepin so they dont laugh at me tryin to dance..lol
  • krwtvl02
    krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was looking at a Zumba videos and wow it looks like it should work. :noway: I might get the DVD on it and let you know what comes of it. Hopefully I can move that fast. Will see.
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love to dance, and love latin style. I think I'm going to order them, but that's it for me, no more money spent on dvd's. I kind of feel like the 10 minute trainer was a rip off...but...cest la vie...
  • Michski
    Options
    Zumba is AWESOME! I am 50 years old and started doing Zumba 2x a week this year with my daughter, who is 25, and I am certainly not the oldest in the class, and I love it! It is a great workout, great cardio. Then I mix in toning and sculpting classes a few days a week as well. It's fun and funky! I have lost & I am getting toned!