Sometimes a splurge is good!

Options
This Saturday was my cake tasting for my wedding plus we went to lunch at the restaurant we are going to have cater the event. I was SO worried about going over my calories that I almost didn't eat any of it. IN the end I decided that my wedding was only going to happen once and I wanted to enjoy all the fun parts leading up to it.

I had a cupcake at the bakers, I had a high calorie chicken and bacon sandwich for lunch with some fries(not all of them, I just couldn't stomach much of them any more) then I had three glasses of wine at my brothers house AND pizza for diner.
Guess what?
I LOST the 2 pounds I gained back last week that have been driving me nuts!
I think sometimes all your body needs is a surprise a little shake up form it's daily routine! SO while I don't plan on doing this often, I'm happy to know I can live my life and splurge and still lose weight!

Replies

• vabheegaard
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserved the splurge!!! Congratulations on the wedding!
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - I've had that happen too....you just have to watch not to get back in to the habit of those splurges 'cause they definitely catch up with you if you have too many too soon!

Glad you enjoyed your day - and so you should!!!!!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the upcomin' Weddin'...Just remember your future husband, married you for who you are. This is your Weddin'...Enjoy every minute of it.

:heart:
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A great message! A similar thing happened to me last week. After having a bad day, I had a high calorie chicken and bacon sub, a chicken pasta salad, and a doughnut for dinner - and lost 2lb! I think it shocks your metabolism into getting moving!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Good for you :drinker: ! You're definately right, you SHOULD enjoy every moment leading up to your wedding, and the wedding of course! Congrats on your upcoming marriage and your weight loss!! Looks like you're doing great :bigsmile:
  • squitzwife
    squitzwife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    my problem is that i do that way too much. But now I know that if I do seldom it's ok. like christmas day!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I know it's somethign I can't do often but it's nice to know it doesn't ruin all your efforts so far(cause in your head when your cheating that's sort of how it feels isn't it?)
    A client just brought me donuts and I'm taking them to the warehouse for everyone one back there to enjoy instead!
  • starzman2003
    Options
    I have a friend with an uncle who trains body builders. He ended up telling me that you do have to eat bad once in a while. Your body will actually get accustomed to your routine and then try to fight you on weight loss. Naturally, it doesn't like to let go! What he told me was to go out once a week and enjoy something That you normally wouldn't eat. The reasoning behind this is since your body believes its "starving itself, it shuts down. " when you eat bad, It forces the body to wake up and burn those extra calories and telling the body "hey, I'm good, keep the machine running!" I took his advice, And keeping my routine and calories under for the week, I've gotten through the nasty plateaus. I go out and enjoy something bad once every two weeks.:)
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I agree with this^

As a general rule I don't drink calories and that includes alcohol but have found twice over the last 6 months that when having a "night off" and having a few drinks with friends or having a meal out, it's helped to give things a shake up and has kept things from slowing down too much. Besides, you've gotta have a life too :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I find that it helps me keep with it; just in moderation.
  • MsChevyStang
    Options
    If you look up "calorie shifting" on google you will find many articles and nutritionists who believe this is a very good thing to do. If you follow strictly into your routine, your body begins to adjust and can actually slow your metabolism (often called starvation survival mode). By having a cheat day or an occasional day with extra calories your body believes its not being deprived calories therefore keeping your body at a higher metobolic rate even though overall you are still following a low calorie diet.