Is Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Options
I'm thinking about back to WW, but maybe doing the on-line version. Any thoughts? Has anyone does with success and still using MFP?

Replies

• xbabeykayx
    Options
    Im not doing weight watchers but im doing slimming world :) xx
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Im doing ww and the new plan is awesome. I am seeing more consistent weight loss using it. I actually go weigh in at a meeting but its here at work. I am not disciplined enough yet to only go online. I still use MFP for support and motivation. WW has really changed a lot.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    the only issue i had with doing WW is that it doesn't let me recognize calories, fat, protein, etc... only points & that isn't going to help me in the real world
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i did weight watchers in the past where i had to go to meetings and it was awesome (i lost over 60 lbs). I then tried to do it online in college and it didn't go so well. Idk if it was just because I was in college and its so hard to eat right there or because I could slack off and not weigh myself. If you're seeing results with MFP, I wouldn't waste the money on WW. The new plan is pretty much saying "look, it does matter what things you're eating" and I think MFP does a good job of showing you that anyway with counting your carbs and sugars and protein and whatnot.
  • niresupernova
    Options
    I was really successful with weight watchers, but I was trying to save some dough and use this site instead. I'm considering rejoining, but haven't really made up my mind yet.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    the only issue i had with doing WW is that it doesn't let me recognize calories, fat, protein, etc... only points & that isn't going to help me in the real world

YES! this is exactly why I fell off the wagon. I didn't want to eat WW meals/endorsed products the rest of my life
  • feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have done WW previosuly and always lost in the first week and continued to loose steadily. However they have amended WW and it has caused quite an uproar to say the least!! Now both fruit and veg is zero points and the points values have all changed. I gained 3lbs in a week even though I had decided to limit fruit to 2 pieces a day and even though I couldn't actually eat all the points given....

If you go to the WW homepage and can get into the WW community (not sure if you can if you are not a member) then thier most popular conversation shows on the home page, at the moment the conversation is one that somebody started saying that the new WW wasn’t working, it’s months old now ad gets added to everyday by people saying they have given up as they are not lossing/gaining!

I'm not saying everybody won't find it doesn't work - I think people that have a lot to lose will just becuase any restriction would make them lose a few pounds easily but I gave up after not loosing the weight I had put on in the following 3 weeks!!!

Since joining MFP I have lost it and some!!!

If you are going to join get a free voucher from one of the newspapers and go to a meeting to get the stuff, at least that way you haven't wasted the online subscription fee!!!
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Thanks for feedback... I may try a free meeting first ... thanks