TO ALL FELLOW BREAD LOVERS

Options
Is anybody up for trying a mini (not so mini for me haha) challenge: 1 Month NO bread starting on 01 March until 31 March...who's with me?

One of my biggest down falls is bread, any bread! I just LOVE it and could eat it until it comes out of my ears. I need to try something new for the month of March (I go to Australia at beginning of April and want to push for more loss before I go) and would love a good challenge so I think this is the one for me. Is anybody else willing to try this out, does anybody else have the will power?? :P

Come and join me if you think you've got what it takes. I know its not going to be easy for me :)

Replies

• chunk3y_m0nk3y
    Options
    Girl u know I love ya but I really dont think I have the will power to do it. I did cut it out of my diet a good bit, but all togther for a month? Wow thats a long time. I can try it but I cant promise u I will succeed!!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in... BUT you will have to be on me to stay accountable! Also, are we just doing bread i.e. rolls, etc? Or like tortillas, flat out, etc?
  • thebomb4
    thebomb4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lets see how you do Stace, if you've done it before I think you can do it again :) lets all just keep each other motivated.

mrssavvysteve what do you think? I'm thinking flat out....although would thin wafer crackers fall into the "bread section"?? I usually eat a few crackers for my lunch most days with cottage cheese so this would be a real challenge if I had to give up these as well.
  • msseusse
    msseusse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I cut out most flour (breads,tortilla wraps rice etc.) and tried to substitute legumes, beans for the fiber. I started in January and felt so good. Much more energy! I fell off the wagon about 2 weeks ago and sure enough my head started feeling foggy, my joints hurt, and my belly is getting soft and bloated! Today I get back on the wagon!!
  • msseusse
    msseusse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can eat Ezekiel bread. It is made from sprouted grain and has a low glycemic index so you don't get the bread bloats.
  • thebomb4
    Options
    Well guys I've had a think and I'm setting myself a realistic challenge which means no breads, tortilla wraps, pita's etc but will be allowing myself crackers for my lunch.

Good luck to anybody else that is willing to take part. Its the weekends that are gonna be hard for me.
  • chunk3y_m0nk3y
    Options
    ok well wut about pasta???...do i have to give that up too????
  • gemmalouiseyoung
    Options
    Stace, there is not a single chance I could do this! I would loove to but not possible - I cant live without it. Plus its my birthday - curry plus naan breads, plus hangover butties - il give this one a miss xxx
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I don't really get this challenge. Why give up bread if you aren't going to give up crackers? Same ingredients go into both. What's the point of doing it for 30 days and then going back to eating it again? Why give up bread if you love it? If you don't see yourself giving up bread forever, then don't try to give it up for a month and go back to eating it. Why not just learn to incorporate it in a healthy way into your diet? Eat whole grain and/or sprouted whole grain bread, whole grain pastas, etc. Look at this like a lifestyle change and not a diet and your results will be better and permanent!
  • chunk3y_m0nk3y
    Options
    jamie i see wut ur saying but for those of us who r "in love" with it we cant just stop all together...a month of cutting it out then going back to it will surely help us not want it as much after we can eat it again...if we keep on doing this a couple times a year im sure cutting it out all together wouldnt be so hard to do
  • rmmattox34
    Options
    Does that include rice and pasta? If not I am in but I do alot of pre packages stuff and they are big on rice and pasta.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    I dont get whats wrong with eating bread as long as you count it?????
  • nikkelle
    Options
    i'm new to my fitness pal...sounds like a good challenge...cuz i too luv bread...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you I guess!
  • thebomb4
    Options
    I don't really get this challenge. Why give up bread if you aren't going to give up crackers? Same ingredients go into both. What's the point of doing it for 30 days and then going back to eating it again? Why give up bread if you love it? If you don't see yourself giving up bread forever, then don't try to give it up for a month and go back to eating it. Why not just learn to incorporate it in a healthy way into your diet? Eat whole grain and/or sprouted whole grain bread, whole grain pastas, etc. Look at this like a lifestyle change and not a diet and your results will be better and permanent!

Because theres 30 calories in a cracker and theres 80 calories in a slice of bread and when I eat a slice of bread I want more than just a slice where as with crackers I'm happy with a few without feeling bloated. Bread = more calories then which equals bloated feeling cos I can't stop at one slice thats why. I've already learnt to change my lifestyle and it seems to be working for me, nothing wrong with me wanting a boost for a month before I go on holiday.
  • thebomb4
    Options
    jamie i see wut ur saying but for those of us who r "in love" with it we cant just stop all together...a month of cutting it out then going back to it will surely help us not want it as much after we can eat it again...if we keep on doing this a couple times a year im sure cutting it out all together wouldnt be so hard to do

Thx Stace.....I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from :)
  • thebomb4
    Options
    Does that include rice and pasta? If not I am in but I do alot of pre packages stuff and they are big on rice and pasta.

No I'm not cutting out rice and pasta (don't often eat them to be honest though) just the bread as I know it will do me good. Good luck if you're gonna give it a shot :)
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    hey y'all! im in...at least for trying! I need to reduce my bread intake because I have a gluten sensitivity I just learned about...BUT are you cutting out just BREAD products or all related items, such as muffins, etc. Because I dont wanna give up my twice a week vita-top!! lol its worth a try, because im sure i will lose the weight, feel better, have more energy, AND have a clearer head!!!!! ok...last day of bread tomorrow since i have bread to use up and I will do march 2nd-april 2nd. :o)
  • thebomb4
    Options
    hey y'all! im in...at least for trying! I need to reduce my bread intake because I have a gluten sensitivity I just learned about...BUT are you cutting out just BREAD products or all related items, such as muffins, etc. Because I dont wanna give up my twice a week vita-top!! lol its worth a try, because im sure i will lose the weight, feel better, have more energy, AND have a clearer head!!!!! ok...last day of bread tomorrow since i have bread to use up and I will do march 2nd-april 2nd. :o)

For me personnally its just bread, tortilla wraps, pita's but you should adjust as you like :) Good luck!! :D
  • rdonald711
    rdonald711 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Did this for all of Jan, it does break you of the need for bread with everything, but I cut out all carbs period its the only way to quit it. Like cold turkey a smoking I guess. When I brought it back in this month I found that I don't crave it as much as I used to, although I have to resist the urge to grab one of those 240 calories hot yeast rolls when we go to Logans. LOL but Good luck to everyone doing this challenge!!