Organizing HELP

Losing2Live1989
Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
edited September 24 in Chit-Chat
I need to become more organizied....and I always come to yall for advice and help.....so can yall help....got any tips for me or websites????

Replies

• cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    me too! I need help organizing everything. Help appreciated!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I would guess google.com or yahoo.com could help you
  • :smile: Hi there, I am a full time working mum to 4 kids, so know how much adding a healthy diet onto normal everyday events requires a little organisation. :smile: I take 20 minutes out on a Friday afternoon and schedule the whole weeks evening meals, boring yes I know, but the more you do it (and save the plans on your PC), you can mix and match and it takes less time. I then print it out and put it on the fridge. The kids know what they are eating every evening, I dont have to waste time wondering what to cook and I have even saved on my weekly shop by only buying the things we need :wink:
  • I love FLYLADY. Her basic mantra is to get routines and stick to them.
  • cobarlo14
    @rundgrenfan > who is flylady?? Is there more info about her mantra?

@e3slisa > I appreciate that!! I pre-cook for the week on Sunday/Monday mornings and were just two people. I will keep that in mind if my family gets bigger. thanks!!

@FearAnLoathing - thanks!!

I think my organizing problem is more clothes, draws, pocket books, picture frames ect...
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    The easiest way to organize those types of things (clothes, drawers, etc) is to THROW AWAY stuff! Get rid of old receipts as soon as you see they have correctly cleared the bank and you know you won't be returning the items. Get an accordion style folder and label it for all of your bills/ receipts categories. Just shove all of that into the one folder and that takes care of a lot of messy paper!

With your hopeful weight loss, get rid of clothes you don't wear anymore! I organize my closet by color and sleeve length...so it is never hard to find that pink 3/4 length sleeve shirt. (Within all the pink shirts, I start w/ sleeveless then hang short sleeve right beside that then 3/4 then long sleeve...)

I cannot figure out how to organize within a drawer, I just know that each drawer contains a certain category...socks in 1 drawer, underwear in 1 drawer, bras in 1 drawers, etc. Then at least it is just digging through one drawer.

I keep picture frames & scrapbooking stuff in a big plastic bin in the back of my closet. I keep pictures that need to go into a frame or scrapbook in an envelope and one day when I have time, I pull out the bin and it's easy enough from there!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i agree! you can't organize clutter, you can only get rid of it. surround yourselves with only what you love and need, and get rid of the rest. for me, i have a morning, afternoon and evening routine that help me stay on track (http://thanks-and-praise.blogspot.com/2011/01/work-willingly_25.html).

i also do certain tasks on certain days:
    sunday - meal planning
    monday - bedrooms and fresh sheets
    tuesday - 12 main tasks (http://thanks-and-praise.blogspot.com/2011/02/its-little-things-i-love.html)
    wednesday - grocery shopping and other errands
    thursday - upstairs bathrooms
    friday - 12 main tasks
    saturday - fun family activity day

i also clean my counters each night before bed and i LOVE how that makes me feel in the mornings.
  • cobarlo14
    @bstamps12, Thanks so much!! Great ideas :flowerforyou:
    @godblessourhome, Thank you, I really appreciate your list!!! I will definitly will work that into my daily mantra :flowerforyou:
  • cobarlo14
    @godblessourhome - I took a quick peek...:tongue:
    i also clean my counters each night before bed and i LOVE how that makes me feel in the mornings.

I am definitely going to this tonight

Mondays is fold laundry (Hubby does it during the day)
    But I can totally see where I can implement other stuff

Thanks again!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    I second Flylady - www.flylady.net
    lots of good ideas and gentle encouragement.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I cannot figure out how to organize within a drawer, I just know that each drawer contains a certain category...socks in 1 drawer, underwear in 1 drawer, bras in 1 drawers, etc. Then at least it is just digging through one drawer.

The drawer dividers or boxes help here. I use the boxes for socks, bras and underwear.
This discussion has been closed.