Milk alternatives?

Options
"Drink This, Not That" says that almond milk is a good low-cal alternative. I think my digestive system would really appreciate a break from milk anyway.

What milk alternative(s) do you use and how has it worked?

Replies

• fitstarr
    Options
    Unsweetend Coconut milk, lower in everything compared to milk and almond milk.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My kids like unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Almond Breeze Light Vanilla almond milk. Not a fan of rice or soy milk.
    Even the unsweetened chocolate isn't too bad (kinda like water, but gets me my chocolate fix).
    I prefer the flavor over regular milk. Milks too thick and can mess up my tummy :(
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, low in calories and carbs!!
  • zombiekillzombie
    Options
    I like rice milk. Now regular milk tastes kind of strange to me, like it's not really fresh and doesn't have the right flavor. That's ok with me, though, because me and dairy don't get along very well.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    My kids like unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    I like it too
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have been using the unsweetened almond milk lately, it is a low cal alternative...just look out for varieties with a lot of added sugar
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    Unsweetend Coconut milk, lower in everything compared to milk and almond milk.

Where can you buy that?
  • blobrien
    Options
    We mostly use unsweetened coconut milk for everything. Once in awhile I will buy almond milk for specific recipes.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    This is probably a dumb question, but does coconut milk tastes like coconut? LOL
    I like that it is lower in cals and such, but I can't stand coconut :(
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I drink almond breeze unsweetened Vanilla... i gave up cows milk about 2 months ago.....good luck :)
  • fitstarr
    fitstarr Posts: 13
    Options
    Unsweetened coconut milk can be found in the refrigerator section in the health food store :)
  • just4laughs
    Options
    Goats’ milk. It’s easier to digest and has more calcium and a better taste too I think. Less calories too then regular milk. Basically it’s better for you then regular milk.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    So Delicious Organic Unsweetned Coconut Milk. I love the taste of coconuts and great health benefits.