Need HRM recs

Options
im in the market for a HRM, nothing super fancy just accurate and not uncomfortable to wear. It would be great if it had a calorie counter too! Any have a favorite brand or any recomendations on what to look for? There are so many out there and they get mixed reviews. Thank you!

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    go polar or go home
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    Bump!! Me too!!
  • Shari_T
    Options
    I just ordered a polar FT4. I'l let you know when I get it.
  • Shari_T
    Options
    I just ordered a polar FT4. I'l let you know when I get it.
  • supermariocycling
    supermariocycling Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I disagree on the polar. Too over marketed, too monopolizing, too last decade.

I use a Suunto T3C and an EKHO. The Suunto has some extra bells and whistles, like GPS (but no mapping and other stuff that Garmins have). What's nice is that the watches are very small because the GPS is a separate pod so you don't have the bulk on your wrist when you are working out. Get one with more features that you currently think you want, but then wear the pod arm-band when you want distance/speed calculated like when running/cycling. What happens when you buy a basic HRM is that you will, use it for a while, then want more features. So then you will buy another one that you should have got the first time. Now you've got two, and the price you paid for both together is more than a bigger better one.

www.ekho.us
    www.suunto.com

~Mario
    http://supermariocycling.blogspot.com

See all the Polar responses--over marketed, monopolizing. Don't mean to offend anyone...
  • lizconnor0823
    Options
    I recently got a Polar FT4 and I am really enjoying it. It has useful features, is comfortable and was affordable.
  • chubmuffim
    Options
    Awesome thanks! I think I will get one with a few more features, better to get a nicer one first than buy 2 I agree.
  • christenmc
    Options
    I have the Mio Motiva Petite Heart Rate Monitor.
    It reads ECG heart rate, records calories if you want, has several exercise timers, and some other features I'm probably not using
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I just got a timex ironman road trainer, with chest strap..

77 on amazon with shipping. Works fantastic. User friendly.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    BUMP :smile:
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump