30 day shred, is it for me?

Options
Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? I keep seeing this mentioned. I need something to get my butt off the sofa on a night. My cycling on wednesday nights( I run a fixed gear and single speed cycling club) and stationary cycling is just about all I do apart from occasional walking and stretching, and some light muscle training. How good is this DVD and how long is each session what is the workout format??? I need to vary my excercise routine. Have been suffering with aching knees recently and have put it down to too much of the same excercise mainly the cycling. Is this kind on the knees.

Replies

• terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    20 min worth every min of work too... I'm on day 6 and can see definition in my tummy. Believe me havn't seen that since well.....never!. I won't lie its tough especially the first 3 days... I love it.....
  • ahight28
    Options
    I recently started the 30 day shred and really like it. It only takes about 30 minutes to do the workout. There are 3 different levels that you can do. I am still on Level 1 and it is not hard my knees (and I have bad knees). I think you would like it to add some variation to your workouts.
  • prencesskl
    Options
    It's a great workout. It's 20 min long, there is a short warm up and then 3 circuits, each circuit is 3 min weight training, 2 min cardio, and 1 min abs. There are three levels, you are supposed to do each one for 10 days, but I don't think that's really enough time I doubled it. But you will definitely get a good workout and you see great results. good luck : )
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    My aunt just ordered it for me and it should come Friday....I have the same problem as you. I do small things. But nothing like a program. So hopefully it works good for me! I have bad knees too...So hopefully it will be fine. Add me as a friend and I will keep you updated!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love it!! It's only about 20 mins and you do three circuits of strength, cardio, and abs (6 mins each circuit). There are modified movements so you can do it at your own pace. I say give it a try!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Give it a try! Worst case, it's not for you. I love it because I'm kind of ADHD when it comes to working out and the circuits really help. All you need is a yoga mat (recommended if you're on hard surfaces) and hand weights. I was kind of stalled with my weight loss, and once I started this, I noticed the pounds coming off quicker. Level 1 is still a workout for me, but it's great because it's self paced. I find her really encouraging. Some of the stuff she says, like "You deserve this" seem simple, but it really helps to hear it in the middle of the workout....at least it helped me :) I think you should give it a go!
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    i love this dvd!!

you should deffo give it a shot
    x
  • dnpamorgan
    dnpamorgan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started about 5 days ago and really like it! The first couple days were rough but it's starting to get a little better.
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all for your fast replies....The DVD has just been ordered estimated delivery 5-7 days. I have also just won a pilates ball, gym bag, gym towel, sports drinks bottle and yoga mat, in an online comp all I had to do was review a movie. Yay Thankyou www.moo-vfarm.com :happy:
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I will keep posting my progress when the DVD arrives.:smile: