Zumba

Options
Whats your view on Zumba? Is it worth it?

Replies

• tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love it good calorie burn does not even feel like a workout to me
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Zumba!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Worth it! LOVE Zumba
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Its awesome i enjoy it!
  • palomitica29
    Options
    I love Zumba! Great workout. Doesn't feel like a workout at all.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    i love zumba

deffo worth it

x
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    I LOVE my Zumba classes! It's a huge calorie burn in an hour too.
  • swelgin
    swelgin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    VERY WORTH IT! burns about 800-900 calories an hour! Go for it. Shake your booooty!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! The best part is that it can burn a lot of calories without feeling like exercise. I could see how it wouldn't be fun for someone that didn't like to dance. But if you like to shake it, it's totally worth a try. Maybe try looking at some YouTube videos to get a preview.
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba a week ago and I'm still getting use to the steps. It is a fun way to burn calories and get some bounce in your step.
  • Mizztinez
    Options
    I'm a new zumba fan also! it's fun and really works up a sweat. I'm trying to do my exercise journal and i'm sad to find there isn't Zumba on there, so I'm not sure how many calories I'm burning....
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    VERY WORTH IT! burns about 800-900 calories an hour! Go for it. Shake your booooty!

I am 150 lbs and I only burn about 350 calories in 45 minutes. It will not burn 800-900 calories for everyone. Get an HRM.
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    yes, Zumba is fantastic! A super fun and effective workout that makes you feel sexier! Lots of booty shaking! ; )
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I LOVE LOVE IT!!! I borrowed a friends HRM and I burned 586 calories in 55 minutes of Zumba!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and I don't even have the moves for it :) Just remember to keep moving and have fun!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I'm the only one? I hate it, I hate every second of it. I'm sure it might be fun shaking your bon bon in a class of 50 other women, but when you do it at home with the zumba.com dvd's it sucks! I don't know, I love dancing, and I love the Dance Central for Kinect...but zumba? I don't get it! It's torture!
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba - I try to go 3-4 times a week when I don't have college classes and when I do, I stick to my Zumba game for ps3. I'm a former dancer so I really get in to it and can burn 600-700 calories a session (this also depends on the instructor and how much you get your total body into it).

If you like dancing workouts, you will love Zumba. The steps take a little getting used to and not all instructors use a Mic in class. However, even if you don't get the steps right away, just keep moving.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I'm the only one? I hate it, I hate every second of it. I'm sure it might be fun shaking your bon bon in a class of 50 other women, but when you do it at home with the zumba.com dvd's it sucks! I don't know, I love dancing, and I love the Dance Central for Kinect...but zumba? I don't get it! It's torture!

I heard from a friend that the Zumba DVD's are not the same and definitely not as fun as the classes.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yes.....it is totally worth it!! It's a great workout & alot of fun :bigsmile:
    I Love Zumba!!!!!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Love it! I am probably biased because I love dancing in general though.

I like the DVD's better than classes because they have more of the latin moves. The classes I've been to seem to have a lot more "fluff" type moves. With the DVD's you have a whole section devoted to salsa, calypso, etc. It actually makes me want to be a zumba teacher so I can do it the way I'd want a class to be.