Men - Whats the secret to sheding the Gut?

Options
Looking for some advice on shedding the gut. I dont have the beer gut, just a Fried Chicken, Papa Johns, Hardees Burger and Fry gut. Of course all that crap is gone from the diet, so I am looking at getting rid of the gut that was left behind. I am currently using Cardio, weight resistence traning and sit ups for exercise and having minimal success. Not really looking for a six pack, just dont want to scare away the children when I am at the beach without a shirt on. Just curious what everyone else is doing and if you are having results. Thanks and good luck on your weight loss ventures!!!

Replies

• hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm not expert, but I've been running for cardio work to shed the lbs. So much of it has come off the gut. I think you should also do alot of core work and also some upper body work. Bigger shoulders and chest will help give you more of the V shape when you start losing the gut. But mainly, it's lots of cardio to shed pounds everytwhere.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    cardio is the best way :-)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    you cant pick what area you lose weight in,I wish you could.
    If i could do that my boobs would still be bigger and my tummy smaller
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    you're doing it right, its just gonna take time. since i've been working out and lost the weigh that i have, i've had way more progress everywhere else than in my gut lol. its kinda a first to come last to go thing. just keep it up cardio is the most important thing in losing fat but you gotta watch your diet and the resistance training is good too
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Where you gain weight is just genetics. The only thing you can do is to continue to do the things you are doing and lower your body fat percentage.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've read about a diet that helps specifically with belly fat.

You have to make sure to eat monounsaturated fat with every meal, and stay below 1600 calories a day. Usually split up like this:
    Breakfast, 400 calories,
    morning snack, 200 calories,
    Lunch, 400 calories,
    afternoon snack, 200 calories,
    dinner, 400 calories.

And exercise still, of course.
  • outersoul
    Options
    There really is no secret to it. Your body chooses where it comes off. You have to attack this from a whole body perspective. It will come off as long as you continue to work at it.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    There really is no secret to it. Your body chooses where it comes off. You have to attack this from a whole body perspective. It will come off as long as you continue to work at it.

best answer
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Just keep working on lowering your overall BF% as other people have said.

Personally, if the only or prime reason you are doing lost of cardio is for fat loss then I think it is an inefficient use of your time. Moderate amounts to maintain a negative calorie balance is fine (say 30-45 minutes a day of low intensity or 2 - 3 short sessions of HIIT.) However too much of it too often will inhibit recovery from your lifting sessions making them less effective, expecially if you are going heavy. Good diet is the real key, not cardio.

In short: good diet, strength training 2 -3 times a week, reasonable amounts of cardio, proper rest and hydration.
  • Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just look at a guy like UFC Fighter Chuck Liddell, the gut is the first storage space and the last to go. As someone else said getting muscle can balance it out a lot.