Looming for some advice for after surgery

Options
I'm having a non invasive breast augmentation next week. I'm not allowed to lift any thing for a month and then not more than 15 lbs for a couple of weeks after. I'm finally in the knack and keeping up with my excersise and calorie counts and I really don't want to slide back. Does any one have any food suggestions / or excersie tips that will not cause any pain???? All advice is welcome :happy:

Replies

• NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Get a lot of walking in? The activity level may go down so your MFP food numbers will reflect that.
    Good luck to you.
  • geoffspinky
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Yep, stick with cardio until you can start lifting again. Walking or even sitting on a recumbent bike (the kind with a back rest so your upper body isn't involved unless you actively move your arms. Also, talk to your doctor about your weight training routine. After some breast augmentation procedures you're not suppose to do any heavy chest work for a year to allow for the complete encapsulation of the implant. Not sure if that has changed since I was told about it by a clients surgeon about 5 years ago or if you plan on anything heavy, but something to think about so you don't accidentally cause a problem with the results.
  • katyygirll
    Options
    i had surgery a few months ago and ended up losing weight because i wasn't hungry at all. i was told it was because of all the meds. just food for thought
  • geoffspinky
    Options
    Never been big on a lot of chest work. Mainly right now I'm just trying to tone my arms. I will defiantly talk to my doc about the no no's. I really don't want to mess all I've waited for up! Thank you :)
  • geoffspinky
    Options
    Didn't think of that! I could only hope!!!!!! Lol!