My diet

Options
Hi i've just joined this website :)

Anyway I have been using other website up until now but I'm branching out, up to now I have gone from 262lbs to 203 so have lost around 60lbs so far. I was happy with that and haven;t really done anything of note for while just stayed the same weight with a little bit of exercise, however we now have a competition at work so it's re-ignited my desire. This website says I should be consuming about 1990 calories a day however I'm not really getting close to this, I'm consuming about 1400 calories and that's even before it then adds on the extra for the exercise for that day and I am doing about 60 mins of exercise about 5 times a week and burning an average of 800 calories a time so this is making it even worse and I'm worried I will go into starvation mode. I have lost 2lbs over the last 2 weeks but still worried.

Anywhere heres my average intake on a usual day, any advice on what to add cut out etc to up my calorie intake (however all my food entries are recording over 200g carbs a day which I don;t agree with as I'm definitely not having that much, although I eat a lot of fruit?)

6.45am - Small bowl of fruit and fibre with a little bit of semi skimmed milk, an apple, a banana, a low fat yoghurt and a glass of water

10.ish - A handful of nuts (Pistachio's, Cashews, Walnuts)

11ish - An apple

12.45 - Chicken or Tuna salad (Chicken or Tuna, Red pepper, carrot, cucumber, raw mushrooms, Tomatoes low fat cheese, pine nuts and a few bits and bobs of veg etc with a little bit of zero fat vinaigrette (I basically chop and change all this so will have some things in one day and not have some in another day).

2ish - 2 plums

3ish - A smoothie with two scoops of protein powder (small banana and summer fruits, bit of milk and water)

4ish - Alpen light cereal bar

6ish - Dinner - Any one of Chicken Soup, 2 Chicken breasts with vegetables, weight watchers ready meals (highest protein lowest carbs) 2 fish portions and vegetables

8ish after exercise a scoop and a bit of protein powder with water, a handful of grapes and 2 kiwi fruits

And a quick snack later on a handful of almonds and a glass of water

Someone mentioned on another site I was eating far too much fruit, if I cut fruit out I will be eating even less calories, as I said I seem to be losing weight but not sure if it's doing my body any good!

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    fruit is sugar, and carbs. its best to eat more filling foods. i am a vegetarian so i cant and wont recommend a meat based diet. I dont go on the calories set by myfitnesspal. What you should do is look up your BMR and activity factor to find out how many cals you should be eating. From there drop 500 cals a day and thats what you should be eating to lose weight. Remember it takes 3500 cals to make a lb or burn (or not intake) 3500 to lose a lb. I am 118 lbs and eating 1300 cals is hard for me each day. Its hard to get enough cals with clean eating since of course healthy food is usually lower in bad fats and cals etc. You can set the amount of cals yourself on the ap. remember as you lose weight your BMR will change and you'll need to recalculate every so often. The more you weigh the more cals it takes to maintain that weight. You can get away with a 1200 cal diet if you feel you are eating too much. and there is nothing that says you MUST eat that 1900 cals. Try more beans, green veg, oatmeal, whole grain pastas..as those will fill you up. If you eat meat drop the whey protien, you dont need it. unless you are bodybuilding you dont need anymore than 60 grams of protien a day if female.
  • ncrawley
    ncrawley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    fruit is sugar, and carbs. its best to eat more filling foods. i am a vegetarian so i cant and wont recommend a meat based diet. I dont go on the calories set by myfitnesspal. What you should do is look up your BMR and activity factor to find out how many cals you should be eating. From there drop 500 cals a day and thats what you should be eating to lose weight. Remember it takes 3500 cals to make a lb or burn (or not intake) 3500 to lose a lb. I am 118 lbs and eating 1300 cals is hard for me each day. Its hard to get enough cals with clean eating since of course healthy food is usually lower in bad fats and cals etc. You can set the amount of cals yourself on the ap. remember as you lose weight your BMR will change and you'll need to recalculate every so often. The more you weigh the more cals it takes to maintain that weight. You can get away with a 1200 cal diet if you feel you are eating too much. and there is nothing that says you MUST eat that 1900 cals. Try more beans, green veg, oatmeal, whole grain pastas..as those will fill you up. If you eat meat drop the whey protien, you dont need it. unless you are bodybuilding you dont need anymore than 60 grams of protien a day if female.

Sorry I should have stated my sex lol, I'm Male and I do some weight work, nothing major but definitely need the protein!