SBF 2, Boogaloo, Feb 28

Options
Spring is coming...

We are going to have low humidity and mild temperatures this week, so I'm thinking about painting a room. I'm thinking something in the green shades.

Today: double yoga - my work day switch from Friday to Monday, so now I teach and go to class every Monday and Wednesday. Also: groceries and get paint color swatches. Pictures from the cake show will come soon - it was incredible.

Housework, boogaloo!

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Spring is coming, indeed..woke up to rain...

Also woke up feeling sort of wonky (didn't sleep well last night). The weights class I was planning on is very, very challenging, so I did weights at home as a compromise. It felt like a good compromise (still challenging, but didn't have to do the up/down and heavy cardio component of the class). Now, it's time to settle in to work for a few hours.

Goals for the week are:

Dance class Weds and Thurs, conference travel Fri-Sun (attempts at walking/other activities on the road, but time may not permit). Good eating/rest choices, paying attention to my body for warning signs of headache/fatigue. And, most importantly, trusting that everything will work out how it's supposed to. Too much drama as of late. . .and most of it self-created.

less drama, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I agree with both of your boogaloos. :wink:

In laws coming this afternoon so I am trying to get the house cleaned up this morning.(Doesn't look like I am getting much done so far.) Alex has his last tumbling class for a few weeks. I don't know if I am going to have time to work out. :frown: I don't know when the in laws are coming and I don't want to be on the treadmill or doing tae bo when they arrive. I need to get back to a work out routine. I feel like I have lost any progress I have made over the last few weeks, thanks to a bad lady time and a busy weekend. I am suppose to weigh in tomorrow but I will wait a few more days. Maybe some of this flab will go away.
    So exercise goal today is to get a couple hours of cleaning in and then maybe something else if time allows. And I need to log my food. I haven't done it in awhile, hence the weight gain. And lots of water. Been slacking here as well.

Slacker boogaloo!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys! Sorry I've been so absent. I do peek in to read what you guys are up to, I just can't think of anything worth adding lately. :ohwell:

I have decided to start logging my food again, at least for a little while. I've been kinda depressed, which for me generally turns into self-punishing "why bother eating better, what does it matter anyway" sorts of thinking. But, my clothes are getting tight and I hate shopping, so - something's gotta give! I am actually thinking I need to do another major purge on my closet - I got rid of a lot of things that were too big last year, and got rid of a bunch of t-shirts and old shoes last month, but there are still a lot of things that I don't like very much or don't wear any more. It's sort of ironic - I hate shopping so much that I tend to just buy the first thing that comes close or isn't too objectionable. But, that means I end up with a lot of clothes I don't actually like to wear all that much. So the stuff I don't wear takes up all the closet space, and I start living out of laundry baskets. This is dumb and not conducive to a pleasant home environment. :tongue:

MM, so sorry you keep getting yanked around. :heart: I hope that next time they do their homework first. I like what both you and Mary said about not spending all your time worrying about what's in the past or the future. I do think there's value in both reflection and in planning, but... it's easy to waste a lot of time (and emotional energy) on unproductive worrying.
    V, good luck getting ready for your conference! I hope we get a chance to hook up. :smile: Also, I really like your signature quote.

No more shopping, boogaloo. :wink:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone!

We visited my in-laws this weekend in their new home. Had a wonderful time. They have moved from a beautiful place to a beautiful place that feels much closer.

Still logging. Didn't get to exercise today. One child home sick. Dad stayed home. Other child has baseball shortly and still need to get to the grocery store. Good choices.

CP: I need to get in and clean out my clothes, too. Too much stuff!

Keep going boogaloo!!

:heart:

Bobbie
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning, almost all my pebbs!

(I miss/wonder about wandering. . .and a few others...)

Anyways,
    today I have to watch the kiddos take an exam. If I was a vampire that fed on human nervousness, today would be my big pig out day. The bonus for me is there's no prep for this job. Other than that, I have to go talk to the technical people store and say "I have no idea what cables I need for "x, y and z", please sell them to me." Other than that, it's walking home if the weather's nice and my assignments aren't too heavy to carry.

I read this book once (hey, I read a lot) that said when you are stressed out, you should ask yourself "what is this trying to teach me?" I've decided this current conference is an exercise is having a travel experience that is not meticulously planned in advance. Details are changing hourly, and that is alright, because I am learning. See, progress.:wink:

Learning, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, so glad to see you again! I need to clean out my closet too as most of my clothes are too small. :frown: But I think to actually remove them and see how bare the closet is would only make me depressed.

V, hope you have a beautiful day today!

Bobbie, hope your little one gets better quickly!

Mary, how was your weekend?

I am feeling very sinus-y this morning and a bit out of it. Gotta love Texas weather, right? The inlaws just left. It was a nice visit. Now back to my routine. Horse therapy and prayer meeting today. Then I have to work out this afternoon. Must. Exercise. Taebo and possibly walking on the treadmill. I am also feeling like cleaning more so I want to clean out something and get rid of stuff and organize. I will also log my food and drink water.
    Today is Miss M's birthday. She's 8. Wish she was here and we were celebrating. We miss her. On the bright side it's Tuesday and when we hear from Russia it's almost always Tuesday. Don't know that it means we'll hear anything today. It would be nice to hear something...even if it's just more waiting, instead of feeling open ended right now. We are prayerfully considering opening our criteria to accept a boy as well. This will take a step of faith, as we both really want a girl. But God might have other plans for us. We'll see.

Missing my girl today boogaloo,
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Charlie picked out/approved the colors, so I'm painting today. I need to do it today and maybe finish up tomorrow, since Thursday it will be humid again, sigh. Also planning on yard work this week, as next week is almost all out of town: Boerne 4th-5th (San Antonio outskirt), then Dallas 9-11, then San Antonio 12-13. I figured out that in the next three months, I will go to San Antonio 6 times and Dallas/Fort Worth 3 times. That's just crazy.

I know I'll get a walk in tonight. There's a yoga class that just started that is only $7, that I would like to try tonight as well - it's taught by someone I've seen at group practice a couple of times.

Better get to work, boogaloo.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Small victory! I was SO hungry after therapy and the prayer meeting. I have been wanting a burger for a few days now, and of course I wanted a coke and fries too. I managed to talk myself out of it and had a healthier meal when I got home. I realized afterwards that if I had gotten junk food I probably wouldn't want to work out because a) I'd be too full, and b) junk food makes me sleepy. I'm already tired and don't need encouragement to take a nap. I got off my duff and did an hour of taebo. I feel so much better having had an okay meal at home (wasn't the best homemade meal of my life that's for sure), and getting a good work out in. I have found that I really like the baked carrots from Elana's pantry site. :tongue: So another way for me to eat veggies! I think I could replace fries with those...at home anyway. I know some of you aren't tempted by fries or soda, but I still like them and some times just really want them. So these were victories for me!

MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I would like to state, for the record, that fries and soda remain two of my biggest temptations.
    Just saying.:wink:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Well, I did a great job of walking by the donuts right next to my desk all day. Then, I scheduled 2 dentist appointments (I'm thinking of switching dentists, and I also have a problem with my tooth :unhappy:) stayed at work until almost 8, stopped at the drug store to get cat litter and COMPLETELY without thinking bought two-for-one pieces of Easter candy to go with it. I ate them in the car (even worse) and then 5 minutes later realized what the heck I had done. Whoops. :embarassed: It just goes to show how bad my habits have gotten in the past couple of weeks, I guess! But, I logged them, had dinner (albeit a somewhat smaller portion) and only ended about 150 calories over, so I won't kill myself over it. It's still a deficit.

MM, great job on eating at home. V, that's a good perspective ("what is this trying to teach me?"). I'm not quiet sure what my current stress is trying to teach me - I was (briefly) chatting with a friend today and I said, "I guess I need to learn how to not do everything right" (because it kills me to do things or have them done the "wrong" way - which I know will cause more pain or hassles down the road - but I am completely overwhelmed by all the things I have to do at once). I followed it up with, "...but I'm not sure I can". His response was, "I thought you were going to say, 'I guess I need to learn how to not do everything <full stop>'". :wink:

Habit check, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning,

Today is dance class, some work (I'm going slightly easier schedule wise due to the conference) and an appointment downtown. I also need to turn the semi-randomly thrown together pile of receipts into a slightly more organized pile for our tax guy.

Watched 127 Hours last night. Whoa. I now plan on leaving a note when I go anywhere. I used to go back country camping by myself in my 20s. I miss my fearlessness/stupidness sometimes.:laugh: I'll try to tap into it on the mini road trip this weekend.

Fearless, stupid, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Mary, I lived in Boerne for a year when I was quite a bit younger. Nice little town. How was your class last night?

V, I miss some of that fearlessness as well. Most times I wonder if I was ever fearless. I am actually reading a book on overcoming fears right now. It's really good. I hope to see some changes soon. I realized that I am literally afraid of everything. My husband does not understand how a person could live that way, and I do not understand how a person CAN NOT live that way, but I want to be like him. :laugh: I never knew how afraid I was/am and how my fears control much of what I am doing or not doing.
    CP, I hope you can find a balance with work soon and can maybe let some things go that don't need perfection. :flowerforyou:
    Well, I stepped on the scale and I've gained. I know weigh the most I've weighed in... 3 years. I don't understand it. And I am beginning to think I do not have what it takes to lose weight. I really want to let go and not worry about it any more. I still want to exercise and try to eat healthy but just not worry about it. So I am not sure where I stand now. I am not just going by the number on the scale. I am going by how my clothes fit (tighter). I am just tired of being obsessed with it. Why can't I just be like some people who go through life and don't worry about it and never gain a pound?
    I do have a desire to get back to the basics and eat less processed foods. Maybe I will just work on that for now. I also found that my wrist kills me after lifting weights, which is one of my favorite things to do. :grumble:
    Today: cleaning around the house, school, either taebo or maybe roller blading.

No weights boogaloo.
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    So, CP, I have to wonder about your language there: candy to go with the cat litter? :wink:

I get a little teased because I don't fly. I stopped in 1991, except for a test flight to Dallas about 5 years ago that didn't go well. Anyway, my brother summed it up, "you just have to overcome your fear of death." Ok, yeah, sure, no problem. Even when I was in my 20s (ahem, 1992), I had a small collection of phobias. As long as the phobias don't increase, I think I'm ok - it just takes me a bit longer to get anywhere. :tongue:

The room got painted and it took all day. My neck and shoulders are sore today, mostly from painting, but I didn't get any yoga in last night. Only exercise was a 30 minute walk, but I'm counting the painting as good activity. The paint barely had a smell, which is a great improvement of recent years.

Today, teach this morning, find a yoga class or do some at home, walk on the treadmill, clean the house, and maybe some yard work. I'm going to miss regular yoga tonight because a friend wants to go to Bingo for her birthday. I hope she wins some cash, she could use some.

Bingo, boogaloo.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Well, the candy was to go with my crappy day. The cat litter was to go with... er... somebody else's. :laugh:

I'm impressed with your painting, Mary. That's the sort of thing I can agonize for years over! I have been thinking about a green wall, though.

MM, I sometimes feel like I am ruled by fear, too. It doesn't seem that way, but when I think about what I don't do, the chances I don't take... fear of failure is probably the biggest one, but there are others. I don't know that I have any phobias, exactly - although I don't know if I'll ever be able to go scuba diving. As far as my lizard brain can tell, breathing underwater = drowning. :wink:

Breathing, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning,

Busy bee day today. I found out it's possible to take the train to my conference, so that means I have to leave at a scheduled time. (bad) it also means I don't have to worry about blacking out behind the wheel (exceptionally good). I realize that I've been in slight conference denial this week, as I haven't done my usual getting things done ahead of time. Today, in between an appointment, and a workout (Zumba at ten) I have to get some American cash, pack, finalize the paper/save it three ways (a technology superstition of mine is a backup, and then a backup for the backup. I once gave a presentation and a colleague had to walk around with my laptop to show everyone my slides. Not cool.)

Any solo train travel tips, Mary? The only thing I'm concerned with is someone jacking my stuff if I get up to pee...but where would they run off to with it?. . .Also I upgraded to business class, but have no clear idea what that means. Sounded fancy.:laugh:

Choochoochooboogie, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Mary and CP, your conversation is cracking me up!:laugh:

V, oooh, a train ride! How fun! We've wanted to do that. Maybe some day. Right now it's cheaper to drive (although maybe not in a few months!).

I was reading how we react out of fear some times through anger, defensiveness (a big one for me), exclusivity (cliques with friends), isolation (another big one), striking out, taking control, and overcompensating (over eating the day before a diet, over buying, over dressing). It's really made me realize how much of my life I have spent being afraid. I don't really know that I have any phobias, except maybe a little germaphobic. :laugh: It's been a good read. I am really enjoying it and hope to find some freedom in my life soon. One of my fears: not being able to lose weight, or losing it and being afraid of gaining it back. I would like to let that go and just enjoy life and being energetic and healthy.
    I did not get to work out like I wanted yesterday. I took Alex to the park thinking he'd ride his trike while I walked/jogged. Yeah, that lasted about 15 minutes. So today I will try to get to a taebo Dvd. I haven't felt like running lately. I need to get back to that.
    Tonight we have to babysit. I'm sorry but I hate babysitting. I don't care how good the kids are.(Maybe there's an underlying fear? :wink: ) But these are good friends of ours and we told them we would swap kids so we could date again. And Steve is throwing around the idea of going on a trip this weekend. He may get tomorrow (or most of it) off, and he wants to go some where. So in the middle of my chaos I also need to mentally pack for a trip and then actually pack if we are going to do it. Oh and I have to finish my grocery list and go shopping. Hard to shop when I don't know if we are going to be here to eat the food or if I need to buy foods to eat while camping etc. But it's okay to be spontaneous some times. I will not be afraid of it. :laugh:

No fear boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Train travel advice: since it will be winter, you will probably have a jacket, etc. It's frequently too cold/too hot on the train - seasons do not effect this. Bring headphones - the bigger the better - sound reducing ones would be the best, you can always have them on and nothing on the ipod (so you can ignore the person next to you). I looked up your trip (Rochester, NY, right?) and it's only 5 hours. If you want to take a nap, do so in the first part - the immigration officials will wake you up :wink: Usually, the crew will wake you for your stop, but not 100% of the time. Not to make you paranoid, but if you miss, you would just have to rent a car and go back to Rochester. It's a beautiful trip on the Maple Leaf - you might even see spray from the falls (I can't remember). Business class is usually the same as regular with two differences: usually kids are not allowed and you get a free, non-alcoholic drink. I'm used to traveling very long distances, so I bring: my own food, in case one of the veggie meals is crap; if I have room, my own pillow, though a big jacket will double; blanket for the cold cars, t-shirts and shorts for the warm ones; audiobook - the best thing to do is look out the window and listen to something, IMHO (personal favorite - Harry Potter, if Jim Dale read the dictionary, I'd probably buy it); Comfy, closed toed, shoes. I had to be very careful with the gorilla shoes stepping between cars. As far as leaving your stuff: everyone is in the same position on the train - they all have to leave their stuff. I wouldn't take a shiny new computer out and leave it on the seat, but you really don't need to worry if you're reasonably careful. Oh, and if you have a choice of seats, choose as far away from the bathroom as possible - usually toward the center of the car. If you are in the business class that is also in the the cafe car, get as far away from the cafe stand as possible, if you like quiet.

Essay over.

I guess I have phobias but not fears. I don't like losing control, so that is part of my phobia, but I'm not afraid of gaining weight, my house burning down, and the like. Mine are more related to the monkey brain - monkey brain does not like 30,000 feet.

I went to a yoga class yesterday that was right after my normal yoga class. That was fun. Played Bingo last night - sad place really - everyone taking it so seriously. There were so many new things - weird games between games that people went around and handed out things that looked like lottery tickets. We got the "Tiny Elvises" one because we kept cracking up over the name. Oh, they now have computers for bingo cards, so you just hit "enter" and the computer decides if you have a bingo or not - lame - takes the little fun out of bingo.

Anyway, today yoga group practice and a walk this morning.

Essay, boogaloo.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Quick post. :smile:

We're going to Abilene today, where I went to college and lived for 7 years. It is rare that Steve gets a full Friday off and that we have money and it's not a holiday. I have wanted to go back and see the guys I worked with at the automotive shop for a couple of years now. We get to go today. I haven't seen them in at least 3 years. Then I have a bunch of friends I haven't seen in about 8 years that I want to see. Two of the families can only get together tonight so I have to try to figure out how to make that work. We will probably visit their zoo too. It's nice and inexpensive. So the weekend is eating out and seeing friends. You know all that fear I've been talking about? Yeah it's on overload today, but I recognize it, so I think I will survive! :tongue: I just hope I can eat and have a good time. I've determined not to feel self conscious about myself, although I'm already worrying about how to do my hair and dress. :laugh:
    My goal for today and tomorrow: have a good time. That is all.
    We need to leave ASAP and I haven't showered, packed or anything. We came up with this decision to go at 10 pm last night. :noway:

Road trip boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Have a fun road trip, MM.

Plan for the day: short walk this morning, long yoga this afternoon. Tomorrow I'll be in Boerne, so I don't know if I'll check in. I can't remember if the hotel has wifi. I already have my meals planned, so all is ready to go.

Road trips, boogaloo!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Wow, everybody's travelling - pretty sure V is on her way by now, too. Hope you all have great trips! :flowerforyou:

I took today and Monday off, though - so it's kinda like a mini-vacation for me! I think people were starting to realize that I seriously needed a break. It's a little embarrassing to think that it would be apparent, but there's only so much I can cover up, I guess. It's too much to do!

Another lesson learned from logging my food again: Dunkin Donuts muffins are the devil! I knew that muffins weren't great, but they had them at work and didn't look too huge - boy, was I (610 calories) wrong! So much for lunch yesterday! :grumble:

So, today is relaxing (I already slept in :happy:), de-stressing, and probably going to the gym. It's not raining yet, so I should probably get out of the house soon.

Long weekend, boogaloo.