Hi! I'm new

jen9367
jen9367 Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Just wanted to say hello and hopefully get some support for motivation. Just started MFP today and also joined phen.com. I started my weight loss journey(again) 2/26. I have about 80 lbs to lose and it feels so overwhelming. I know it's hard work, just been through this weight loss struggle for so long. I have a beautiful 5 yr old I want to run around and play with and be around for a long time.

Replies

• jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Hello!

I joined in Jan and have about 100lbs to lose. I know the overwhelming feeling of which you are speaking - I feel the same. The key is to take it day by day and don't get out of control. You will have bad days. You will have good days. You will struggle some days and others you will feel are easy. On your bad days, don't give yourself any excuses - pick it up and move forward. I also have a child - a son who is almost 2. My motivators include not want to stop playing with him just because I'm out of breath. I don't want him to be ashamed of me when he gets older. I want him to learn to be healthy and active. This is a great start to a great new life. I've noticed that when I don't keep up with logging in food an exercise, I lose sight of my goals and I start binging. I need this website, and the support of the people on it, to keep me going.

WELCOME!
  • Kdrules
    Kdrules Posts: 49 Member
    Hello, I a new too. I have 80lbs. to loose.
  • jenfaye
    jenfaye Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Everyone,

New to MFP. Got 80 lbs to lose and I'm hoping to get inspiration and motivation here. It's definitely going to be hard but I'm up for it! Trying to Me back and I'm determined!
  • jen9367
    jen9367 Posts: 2
    Thanks soo much everyone, it really helps to know you're not alone. I never tried losing with on line support, it makes me want to try harder :)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Welcome!!!

This place is awesome.. totally helped me get to where I want to go. And full of wonderful, warm, supportive people.

Feel free to add me if you'd like a friend!!
  • Linda0921
    Linda0921 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm new to MFP. I need to loose 30 lbs but I'm excited to start.
This discussion has been closed.