Sick to my stomach

Options
Has anyone been consistant eating healthy and then one day just splurge and eat whatever they want and the next day feel really sick? I know it wasn't the food because everyone else feels fine but I woke up feeling horrible this morning. I had to call in sick today from work. I felt like I was going to throwup all day long. I'm wondering if it was the drastic diet change.

Replies

• daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    yes, after eating generally clean for many months now, my stomach cant handle the things i used to eat.. case in point i had a taco bell burrito today i cant stop feeling sick myself..
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I at a mcdonalds big mac without cheese on Saturday then went running several hours later. I hurled!

No more junk food for me!!
  • Cherrycandy
    Options
    Yeah, it is. If I splurge and eat something fat or junk-food like it makes me really sick to my stomach.
  • ratkaj
    Options
  • ratkaj
    Options
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My body can't take anything really greasy anymore like an Indian take-away or similar. It makes me feel really sick now. :sick:
  • monro86
    monro86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can definitely have a reaction to a splurge. I don't know how long you've been dieting, but your stomach does shrink when it doesn't have to attempt to fit food in anymore. Bingeing can cause a variety of different ailments. You can just have excess gas built up in your stomach, it may still be trying to digest food, or something else. Also, try to be aware of where you're feeling the pain, if you definitely are feeling it in your stomach, that's one thing, but if the pain is actually in a different area in your abdominal region, it could be a precursor to something else. I developed gall stones while I was losing weight, something that is apparently common, but is also rarely mentioned by doctors who only say that everyone needs to lose weight. If you find the pain comes back, definitely try to keep track of what you were eating and what happened before the pain started (also how long it lasts).
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yes....and it tells you that most junk really isn't food. I eat dark chocolate...no problem because it has some benefit....have me eat sweet tarts or frosting...and UGH! Sweet tarts taste like chemical red #4! So not worth it!
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I went to visit my son at school yesterday and took him to KFC (his choice, not mine) for dinner.
    I had missed lunch and was starving, but they had NOTHING there that wasn't deep fried.
    I ordered a fried chicken breast and pulled off the skin.
    I had severe digestive disturbances within an hour ... probably TMI, so I'll just stop here.
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    Your not with child by any chance ?
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yep--- after eating healthy for years, I can't tolerate greasy food. It makes me feel horrible.... Hubby and I do a lot of roadtrips and I've learned that I need to plan ahead and bring healthy snacks in case there isn't a Subway on our way. If I eat fast food I feel absolutely disgusting.... ugh, makes me nauseous to think about it right now. BLAH!
  • LettsBvegan
    LettsBvegan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @roebuck1908: No way. I am not with child lol It's impossible.

@monro86: It just felt like a stomach ache. I never threw up or had diarrhea or anything but I felt like I was. I feel a lot better now.

Thanks everyone for ya'lls response. (LOL I'm so obviuosly from Texas...)
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Yep! Even eating a sucker made me sick...I guess its a good thing : )
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I get ill as well... it's your body's way of telling you to NOT eat that junk!
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    yeah i have the same thing but not as bad as caling in sick. Ive been eating pretty health and I feel horrible when I eat things like soda or fast food.