Hit & Run Pt. 2

Options
Well, as soon as I got home last night, my husband said, "what happened to the car?" Not, "Are you OK?" He was more worried about the car!!!:angry: I mean, I love that car, but dang!

Then he proceeded to holler at me, saying, "You have a GTO for crying out loud...you should have chased her down!" I just feel like he's trying to make this seem like it's my fault:frown:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Well, as soon as I got home last night, my husband said, "what happened to the car?" Not, "Are you OK?" He was more worried about the car!!!:angry: I mean, I love that car, but dang!

Then he proceeded to holler at me, saying, "You have a GTO for crying out loud...you should have chased her down!" I just feel like he's trying to make this seem like it's my fault:frown:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    So when are you leaving the SOB?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    A lone woman chasing anyone down in their car is never a good idea. You did the right thing. :flowerforyou:
  • melissa73
    Options
    I feel for you... Men are the :devil: . The :devil: I tell ya...

Now if it was him it would be not so big a deal...

Hope that you eventually find the guy or gal who did it...

Melissa
  • girldeese
    Options

He must be related to my husband!! I swear men!! If it happens to them it is a totally different story though!:noway:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    A lone woman chasing anyone down in their car is never a good idea. You did the right thing. :flowerforyou:

What she said.

And what happened? Did you get hurt? Did you get a police report? Some times if the incident takes place near an intersection with video feed, they can track the license plate number (or maybe I just watch CSI/Cold Case too much...) Anyhow, hope you find the person and tell DH to step back - not cool - the important thing is you are ok! :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I wasn't hurt, I filed a report. The trooper said that without a tag number the chance of finding the driver was very slim.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :devil: men just don't think thats why they have us to do it for them, cause look what comes out when they think for themselves :tongue: :laugh: Hang in there u did the right thing and i am sure he is glad u weren't hurt---men just don't think like we do!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Let's be glad you didn't chase them down.

The arrest record for exceeding the speed limit, reckless driving, crashing her car with your car, and then ultimately causing her to have a heart attack from fear behind the wheel isn't quite worth it.

MEN.:grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am a claims adjuster and tell DH I visited the last woman I know of who chased down a veh that sidswiped her in

Jax Memorial Hospital Trauma Center from her head wound. :sick:

The guy clocked her with a tire iron.

Stay in you vehicle and wait for the police. Anyone who is an idiot enough to hit you and run, will just as soon shoot you too!!:angry:

Good job keeping YOUR head!

Hope your OK:heart::heart:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    WOW! As an officer i dont advise chasing any one down as a civilian. Leave that to those who are trained to deal with what comes along with it. As for your husbands reaction, again WOW:huh: dont really think i should go there with what im thinking. Sorry:frown:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i'd have been pretty upset that he didn't ask if you were ok first. i think its a good idea that you didn't chase the driver down, you just never know what could happen
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    priorities!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Okay - devil's advocate here -- he could probably see that you were alright so he responded to the car situation - have seen that before. I know it isn't considerate or nice but.. you know.

As far as chasing a car down -- :noway: :noway: :noway: are you kidding?? You did the right thing. It's a material thing and it can be repaired; you, however, are not.

Best of luck on this...