Didn't know how easy it was...

Options
2»

Replies

• Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have vegetables -- it's a food aversion thing. I'm in my late30's and every time I put lettuce or onion or most types of green veg into my mouth, I have a bad reflex. I'd love nothing more than to sit down to a huge salad and munch, but that's another challenge to overcome down the road.

I used to be like that. Vegetables made me gag.

Force yourself to eat them. Just a little bit, everyday. Eventually, after thirty attempts or so, your tastebuds will stop protesting.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Keep the faith, though! For some reason, guys have the potential to shed the pounds faster than women... Keep it going!
    More muscle mass is part of the issue but my understanding is that women have a harder time losing weight because their body is designed to store food so that they can bear and raise children even when food supplies are low.
  • sweebeesmom
    Options
    I am forwarding this to my husband. thanks!
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, I hope it continues to drop off for you!
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think almost everyone here has had that oh ****! :noway: there are that many calories in this :grumble:
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    So, I create an account and put in my previously mentioned breakfast and 1 tea that I had consumed that morning...

860 calories.

SERIOUSLY. I had just consumed more than HALF of what I should have eaten the entire day. It truly opened my eyes to why I was the size I am.

For years people would tell me their opinions as to why I was over weight. It was always things like "It's your genetics". Then I read the nutrition information on a box of cereal and I scoffed at what they thought was a serve of cereal. I would fill the bowl with cereal. That would end up being 7 servings! That first bit of information didn't sink in, not for years. Deep down I knew that eating too much was the cause of my obesity but I would never accept it and do something about it. I was (still am sometimes) the guy that finishes his partner's plate at a restaurant.

I'm now armed with the information about BMR and energy in food. Applying that information into a weight loss plan is so damn easy I wonder why I've dropped off the wagon!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on you lifestyle before hand. For me it wasn't just about changing portions but changing what I eat. I used to live off pizza,frozen meals, chips, cookies,and soda. While eating less of this stuff and getting some exercise may have helped me to lose weight, it wasn't going to give me the healthy lifestyle change I was looking for.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep it up!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I to am thrilled with the success I am having as I relearn how to eat.

But I do not agree that it is easy.

It is not easy to get up at 6am and head to the gym.

It is not easy to plan and preparefive meals a day that are under four hundred calories each.

It is not easy to only have one piece of See's candy when there is a box in front of me.

It is not easy giving up going out with friends because I don't have expendable calories.

There are hundreds of other ways in which this is not easy.

What it is though, is simple. Eat well, exercise more, lose weight. Everyday, and sometimes minute to minute, I make a simple choice that I want to improve my life and my health. It is still a challenge, and I am not going to take away my sense of accomishment, or anyone else's by saying it is easy :-)

Congratulations on your loss, and good luck with your running - you will feel awesome.
  • outersoul
    Options
    I'm with you on this. I still eat the things I love except now I intersperse healthy items too and use some portion control. I thought it would kill me but the fear of the unknown is what was killing me before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!