One Word...

Options
124»

Replies

• GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    After reading about the death of the Gutter Gang ===> meloncholy :sad: :huh:
    Me too Jamerz... :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    EXCITED! Today is my last day at work until next Tuesday! I"m going camping/horse back riding with a girlfriend. Hubby loves the horses he just doesn't like riding as much as I do.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Have 60 - 80 people coming tonight for business meeting & I haven't cleaned my floors.

My friend and I who have done quite a few dinners have thought up this theory...Who are you cleaning the floors for? The first person who walks into your home will see it..After that too many people, their purses, shoes (if you do that), and body who will be spilling food and drinks all over will be covering the floors. She and I quickly sweep, I kick on the Roomba (at best) and call the floors done. It sounds odd...But then we agreed, save the clean floors for us, not stompy feet. Seriously, it was tough to do the first time, but after a few events I was like...Wow...NOW I get to love the floor not people who won't see it anyway??? LOL

Or have a kid do it...I mean, who cares...seriously? Dust and straighten...So what do you think?
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    After reading about the death of the Gutter Gang ===> meloncholy :sad: :huh:
    Me too Jamerz... :sad: :sad: :sad:

I read Mike's post, but somehow missed all the other stuff that happened. Where have my brain and eyeballs been? Or was this when I was still reading by braille...? :huh: :tongue:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    EXCITED! Today is my last day at work until next Tuesday! I"m going camping/horse back riding with a girlfriend. Hubby loves the horses he just doesn't like riding as much as I do.

OOOOOHHHH Love it! Have a great time!
  • monica5237
    Options
    I don't understand the time frame thing. He can take as long as he likes to figure things out, it's up to him.

But he has to accept that things may change while he is pondering what to do. If too much time passes, he may not have the same range of options he had before, and he has to understand that.

On the other hand, it may be that this is not a good time for the two of you. Not impossible that some stuff has to happen in his life before he is ready to engage. If he straightens that stuff out, you may or may not still be around for him.

In any case, this stuff doesn't go by the clock.

Best thing I think is to regard him to be gone and to go about your life as normal. If he wants to come back, that will be a new matter for consideration. But you can't hold your life hostage to his indecision.

Bottom line, move on independently but not in an unfriendly manner. I wouldn't try to apply pressure to him. If he's not the right guy, it's a mistake to urge him to stay, because that will have long term negative implications.

If he is the right guy, he'll be back (on his own time), and you will need to determine whether to allow him in your life again. It may not be possible. Either way it needs to be your decision.

Good luck, but remember that if a person doesn't want to be with you, you really don't want him to stay in your life (except maybe as a friend), no matter how wonderful he is. That path leads to even bigger trauma down the line. What you want is someone who wants to be with you.

Life is full of twists and turns. It will happen, even if the near term outlook is grim. Keep on message, pay attention to yourself, let this guy sort himself out without interference.

Thank you very much your words of wisedom.

Funny I called him at the time he said and he says I need a little more time call me when you get off work at 6pm lol if he thinks I am calling him he is crazy!!!
    I am worth alot more than that and I don't need any one who is going to be that way to me.
    OKay so that means I am back out in the field!!!! ANY TAKERS:wink: lol just kiddin:laugh:
  • rjjarvis
    Options
    That's the spirit!

If this guy doesn't appreciate you as he should, he needs to pound sand. Or maybe he just is not in a good place emotionally at present and can't deal with the intimacy. Either way this is not your problem, it's his.

Besides, you've embarked on a big project, getting down to your optimal size, and it looks like you have made tremendous progress. I personally think that you need to focus your energy on you, and not fret about third parties too much. They have their own issues, and are essentially out of your control.

I hope I can make as much progress as you have made; it's impressive.
  • monica5237
    Options
    That's the spirit!

If this guy doesn't appreciate you as he should, he needs to pound sand. Or maybe he just is not in a good place emotionally at present and can't deal with the intimacy. Either way this is not your problem, it's his.

Besides, you've embarked on a big project, getting down to your optimal size, and it looks like you have made tremendous progress. I personally think that you need to focus your energy on you, and not fret about third parties too much. They have their own issues, and are essentially out of your control.

I hope I can make as much progress as you have made; it's impressive.

Thank you very much and yes you can do it.
    it is a long jouney and a hard one but it can be done!!!!!!
    I never thought I could do it I am going to try to find some of my older pics so i can show all of ya''ll how i have been my entire life
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Funny I called him at the time he said and he says I need a little more time call me when you get off work at 6pm lol if he thinks I am calling him he is crazy!!!
    I am worth alot more than that and I don't need any one who is going to be that way to me.
    OKay so that means I am back out in the field!!!! ANY TAKERS:wink: lol just kiddin:laugh:

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You totally don't need that...You are sooooo smart to not call him...

If you hear from him again, tell him Sandi wants to know, "WTF?" K? LOL

YOU GO GIRL! Keep on keeping on! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Intelligent!

I aced my anatomy quiz (eeeeeasy) and helped a few people in my class. One girl asked, "Are you going to be a doctor or something??" :bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Intelligent!

I aced my anatomy quiz (eeeeeasy) and helped a few people in my class. One girl asked, "Are you going to be a doctor or something??" :bigsmile:

LOL LOVE IT! YOU GO GIRL!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Intelligent!

Yes, my doctor... AND I'M NOT SHARING!.. hmph:angry:
  • monica5237
    Options

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You totally don't need that...You are sooooo smart to not call him...

If you hear from him again, tell him Sandi wants to know, "WTF?" K? LOL

YOU GO GIRL! Keep on keeping on! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

He called me and said he does still want to see me and I told him that was cool and we would just date and go from there. BUT i can date too!!!!!!

He said he was soooo sorry and he did not want to go through this again
  • rjjarvis
    Options
    well, if that's what you want, it's a good outcome.

but I would not be so ready to declare victory.

I think you've gotten a taste of what is going on with this guy, and you need to retain a healthy dose of skepticism for the time being. It's possible that he really needed some alone time to sort things out, but that's just one of many possibilities. I suppose you have to consider whether he has real credibility for you. If so, that's a good thing.

It's good that you stood your ground and maintained your independence. I think it's important for him to know that your life is not on hold waiting for some action on his part.

remember this in the future and don't be too ready to dance to someone else's tune. Even if things go sour because you have maintained your stance, you will at least have your self-respect when you come out of a bad situation.

So far, so good!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Today I'm giving myself the word

WACKY!

I have been posting and ripsticking all day. LOL I'm trying not to burn too many calories today extra...using today as my nothing day. YEY!

So WACKY is my word today.