Desperate!

Options
Hey guys, this past week hasn't really been great for me, I haven't exercised as much as i usually do, and i've been eating things I really know i shouldn't and I really don't want to ruin everything, I don't feel like i have much support from my friends and family, well not as much as i'd hope that i'd get, I'm starting to get bored with everything, even though i have lost every single week, I am sick of eating the same meals, all because i never know what to cook myself.
So i am asking, cause i am really desperate, please please help! :(

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You need to look up new recipes, or use the search on here and get some ideas.

I would switch up your work outs

I would perhaps buy a "you can do it" motivational book I recommend Dr. Oz he has some great ones

I would also Tell all your friends who don't support you that that hurts, and that you are trying to become healthy because you want to be around for a long time, and that support is something that would really help you achieve your goals. and that it is inconsiderate that they don't feel like supporting you is something important.

I would also tell you to take another look at your self, make sure you reassess yourself. FIgure out what you love about yourself, figure out what you would like to tweak, and then go out and DO IT! This is about the journey as much as about the physical changes. Don't forget to love yourself along the way.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. We all have bad days/weeks where we feel like giving up.

Just keep remembering the health benefits of losing weight. That is one of the purposes of this website...to allow people to look for advice and encouragement.

As for eating the same meals: there are loads of recipes posted by people on the site. Have a look around, you'll probably find some ideas for something that you will like.
  • kimmerroze
    Options
    oh and feel free to add me if you would like! we all can use support!
  • princesschikee
    Options
    Take a look at my food diary for ideas. To eat healthy, it takes prep work and time. You need to focus on what's best for you. It's a lifestyle change and it takes commitment.
    We are here to be helpful in any way possible. Don't hesitate to ask questions. You won't know unless you ask. ;)

good luck.
  • debbielynn66
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can do this!! Feel free to add me as a friend for support...!! And I agree with kimmerroze...different recipes and ways of working out :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Look up new recipies or look at diaries from your fellow MFP users some have them wide open for you to see. Mine is only open to my friends...:smile:
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    I don't usually cook. But my husband is having health issues and can't eat regular food right now. That means I am cooking just for me. I got bored with plain chicken breats and ground turkey so I started looking up recipes online. I found a great tuna pattie that I fixed the other night. I found black bean brownies - I know sounds gross, but with fat free coolwhip- pretty good. I am finding that I am enjoying the hunt and then the making of different things.

Just don't give up!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I second kimmerroze's point-- get some new recipes! That keeps me going. Like princesschikee said, it takes time and prep to eat healthy. But you can do it.

Just today someone posted a link her at MFP to a very tasty dish she found on a website. I have been scrolling through that site and found a ton of new dishes to try with stuff I already have. I am so excited that I am going to make a nice cabbage based soup tonight for tomorrow's lunch! It's the little things that keep me (and hopefully you!) motivated.

Keep it fun and fresh-- keep pushing yourself!
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice given! I would also like to add that you don't have to go cold turkey on the food you like to eat at the moment. I didn't give up fast food entirely and I don't plan too, but I did have to learn moderation. I had to learn portion control.

So when you feel like mixing up your diet a little and want a juicy cheeseburger or whatever try to get to get the nutritional info for it and then put in extra efforts at the gym that week to help offset the food you ate and to maintain balance in your diet.
  • kimmerroze
    Options
    Lots of good advice given! I would also like to add that you don't have to go cold turkey on the food you like to eat at the moment. I didn't give up fast food entirely and I don't plan too, but I did have to learn moderation. I had to learn portion control.

So when you feel like mixing up your diet a little and want a juicy cheeseburger or whatever try to get to get the nutritional info for it and then put in extra efforts at the gym that week to help offset the food you ate and to maintain balance in your diet.

this is really where it all lies. Such smart advice. If you want that indulgence, just work for it. Nothing is free or free of consequence you have to work for everything and you have to pay the price for it too... Luckily when it comes to food the consequence and work off is easy,, just some extra time at the gym!

If you love fast food one trick is eating your burger without the bun. Use lettuce instead. Cuts almost 200 calories out of most burgers.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Chazz - I know how you feel! It only takes a few days of feeling hopeless and you're on that downward spiral - I know cos I've been there many times!!

You can pick yourself up - I cant begin to explain what being on this site for a week has done for me!

Love to have you as a friend if you want for motivation!!