Calories and nutrients

Options
if I eat all of my exercise calories when I look at the nutrients some of them go into the 'red' - does this matter?

Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Depends on the nutrients. If it's sodium, you may want to try to lower that number. I don't really think any of the other numbers tracked that could go in the red are that bad...at least not the ones I track, and honestly, I don't know what you can all track.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it's a nutrient that could harm you.

Good luck!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I try never to go into the red on calories or sodium or carbs. But, protein and fiber I am frequently over on.....And that's a good thing!
  • cjfoster
    Options
    depends--if it's sodium--rethink and look for low soduim items. If you eating natural sugar items (fruit) I wouldn't worry--but if it's processed sugar you should rethink what you're eating.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    If I go over on fat, carbs or sodium I pay attention to that. If I go over on fiber or protein, I don't worry about that.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It's mostly the carbs, protein and some vitamins. I have cut right back on fruit - which I love - because it was too many carbs, also try not to have much bread, rice or potatoes. Don't touch pasta. But it seems thta the carb 'allowance' is very low?
    I have eaten just under my calories on most days.
  • elizamc
    Options
    Sorry - also meant to say that my intake of cholesterol, fat, sodium and potassium are all very low.

Thanks.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    depends--if it's sodium--rethink and look for low soduim items. If you eating natural sugar items (fruit) I wouldn't worry--but if it's processed sugar you should rethink what you're eating.

Sugar is sugar....doesn't matter where it comes from.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/myths-vs-facts-10/slideshow-diet-myths
  • elizamc
    Options
    Thank you folks! Reading your replies I think I'm on track.