Paleo

Options
Would like to know what anyones experience has been on the Paleo and samples of daily diets. I used to BB and the diet is almost exact. It's meats and greens essentially! Let me know how this is working for you!

Replies

• NanRunsOnPaleo
    NanRunsOnPaleo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Would like to know what anyones experience has been on the Paleo and samples of daily diets. I used to BB and the diet is almost exact. It's meats and greens essentially! Let me know how this is working for you!

I've been Primal/Paleo for 2 weeks and going into week 3 now. After 6 months of working out and eating whole grains, my weight woud not budge. Finally, I lost 1.5 pounds in those 2 weeks. Also, I'm finding my stomach feeling light and almost no bloating through out the day. While I have not been diagnosed with a sensitivity issue, I'm starting to think that I may have one.

I'm still monitoring my progress to see if I continue to lose. I eat between 1200-1400 calories daily. Eggs, veggies, some fruit like berries and the occasional banana [maybe half], almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sweet potatoes on occasion, full fat greek yogurt, lean meats like salmon, chicken beef, string cheese, canned chicken breast for salads as well as albacore tuna.

My body seems to like the fats and protein....grains..I don't think so.

My diary is public for you to see to get an idea of what I eat :)
  • JaredTheGeek
    JaredTheGeek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been following BB/Paleo for a couple of months and its great. I have a cheat day on Saturday and I work out 5-6 times a week right now and have seen some great results so far. Its a pretty filling way to eat and now that I skip the fast food and refined carbs, I feel great.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly Paleo / Primal (probably 85-90%) since Nov '10, and have lost over 40 lbs. I love it - my cravings are gone, I don't ever have a desire to binge on stuff, and I find it easy to stick to when I'm traveling and eating out (I travel about 20-40% of the time for my job, depending on the month). I'll send you a friend request so you can see my diary - sometimes I won't add all my veggies since they don't affect calories (or anything else) very much (into my diary I mean - I still eat them).
  • kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yeah my body responds to the fats too- high protein and greens only
  • kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much