SOO hungry before TOM

Options
I have noticed that on specific days between my TOMs, I get crazy hungry! I have been using MFP for 3 weeks now and was dreading those specific days. It's always 10-11 days before TOM and lasts almost a week. What have you done to curb those moments? I had a HUGE lunch that would have usually made me feel "unbutton my pants" full. But it didn't today, now for dinner I had a 2nd helping of sloppy joe. Still hungry!!! I'm still within my net. I might do some exercises to allow myself some more room to eat more. It's not even 6 pm here and I know I cannot keep going without eating till bedtime. Any secrets I should know about??

Replies

• lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    MY TOM just started :( it has been a week & weekend of eating anything sweet! I weight in tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it :(
    Good luck, try to have no temptation in the kitchen before TOM comes.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't know what TOM is...but I feel this way like 2x a week. It is driving me crazy and making it difficult not to binge...OOOOHHHHH now I get what TOM is and no wonder no-one on my page answered when I asked....:blushing:
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that on specific days between my TOMs, I get crazy hungry! I have been using MFP for 3 weeks now and was dreading those specific days. It's always 10-11 days before TOM and lasts almost a week. What have you done to curb those moments? I had a HUGE lunch that would have usually made me feel "unbutton my pants" full. But it didn't today, now for dinner I had a 2nd helping of sloppy joe. Still hungry!!! I'm still within my net. I might do some exercises to allow myself some more room to eat more. It's not even 6 pm here and I know I cannot keep going without eating till bedtime. Any secrets I should know about??

God that was me last week. I felt like nothing I ate would satisfy me (even when i was full). I found that if I eat a clementine before bed it helped and it didn't kill my calories. Its sweet juicy and has a bit of fiber to help make you feel full.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/feeling-hormonal

This site is written just by an author, but she cites doctors and legit people. I think page 2 or 3 talks about the hunger part. I know it's normal to be hungrier the week before and that your body burns more calories then too.

It's suggested to "get seven to nine hours of shut-eye a night instead of scraping by on just six has been shown to lower your risk of overeating and obesity by 23 percent, in part by restoring your leptin levels. Even just one extra hour of slumber can make a difference. You should also avoid fatty foods, and not just because they're chock-full of calories! Though researchers don't yet understand why, they've found that calorie for calorie, carbohydrates and proteins are significantly more effective at suppressing appetite — and tummy rumbles — than fats. So whenever possible, swap high-fat foods for those loaded with protein and complex carbs such as oatmeal, fresh veggies, and whole grains."-From that article I posted.
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    Many studies recommend a SLIGHT 100-200 calorie increase in the days before TOM, as your metabolism is also increasing. If you're not willing to go over a little, I suggest a good protein shake. Those with micellar casein are extremely filling, and should take care of the cravings, especially before bed. Not only that, but the added protein should help you recover quicker as well.
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=42321&sc=801