Taking your measurements & tracking your progress

Options
Just read this and HAD TO SHARE!!! Read on....
"This is one of my favorite ways of tracking progress because it doesn't require any fancy equipment and anyone can do it.
Taking your measurements at certain areas can give you an idea of where you're losing fat, which is important since we all lose fat in different areas and in a different order. Taking your measurements can help reassure you that things are happening--even if you're not losing fat exactly where you want just yet.
Start by wearing tight fitting clothing (or no clothing) and make a note of what you're wearing so you know to wear the same clothes the next time you measure. Here's how to do it:

Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
Chest: Measure just under your bust
Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.
You can use this Progress Chart to record your measurements. Take them again once a week or once a month to see if you're losing inches.

Eyeball It

It may seem obvious, but don't overlook one of the simplest ways to track progress--how you look and how your clothes fit. You may want to take a picture of yourself wearing a bathing suit and keep it in your weight loss journal. Each month, take a new picture...you'll be surprised at how many changes you notice in a picture as opposed to just seeing yourself in the mirror. You can also use your clothes to keep track of your progress. Choose pants, shorts and a shirt and try them on every week or month to see how they fit. " ~ Paige Weihner @ About.com

Replies

• Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just read this and HAD TO SHARE!!! Read on....
    "This is one of my favorite ways of tracking progress because it doesn't require any fancy equipment and anyone can do it.
    Taking your measurements at certain areas can give you an idea of where you're losing fat, which is important since we all lose fat in different areas and in a different order. Taking your measurements can help reassure you that things are happening--even if you're not losing fat exactly where you want just yet.
    Start by wearing tight fitting clothing (or no clothing) and make a note of what you're wearing so you know to wear the same clothes the next time you measure. Here's how to do it:

Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
    Chest: Measure just under your bust
    Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
    Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
    Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
    Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
    Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
    Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.
    You can use this Progress Chart to record your measurements. Take them again once a week or once a month to see if you're losing inches.

Eyeball It

It may seem obvious, but don't overlook one of the simplest ways to track progress--how you look and how your clothes fit. You may want to take a picture of yourself wearing a bathing suit and keep it in your weight loss journal. Each month, take a new picture...you'll be surprised at how many changes you notice in a picture as opposed to just seeing yourself in the mirror. You can also use your clothes to keep track of your progress. Choose pants, shorts and a shirt and try them on every week or month to see how they fit. " ~ Paige Weihner @ About.com
  • littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this!
    i know that in the past, the scale hasnt read much different, but the way my clothes fit was WAY changed!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Not at all what I expected to find on this thread.

I thought it would be something more like this:

beauty_and_the_beast_38_22246827.gif