Any women have only 15-20 lbs to lose? Add me!

Options
124»

Replies

• sexyjeans
    Options
    Sending a request. I'm only 5' 2" and have gained over 10 lbs since my divorce. Needless to say, I don't feel me best, and know that I'll be happier and more confident with those darn pounds off of me. Need some support and encouragement from others. My issue is wine and after dinner snacks. This is where I need to really focus and practice self control.:ohwell:
  • jtolbert
    Options
    Add me. Started my account on Friday. I need all the support I can get
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :) I'm in the same boat been struggling with the last 20 for a year now. I'm going on vacation in May and decided this would be my incentive to be very serious about losing weight since before I would do good one week and the next I would let myself go. I decided to start in Dec and try for a 2 pound loss a week but I don't find that my body has changed all that much, I feel like I still look the same infact I even feel like I've gotten bigger! I do pretty intense excercises 4 times a week and I make my eating healthy. It's almost March and I feel like time is running out and at this rate I might only be able to lose 10 pounds before I go. I'm 21, 218 pounds but a lot of it is muscle mass, I just have a big belly that doesn't seem to want to leave me yet i'm content with my lower half but my upper half is another story.
  • dmwood
    dmwood Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am almost 27 years old. I am 5' 5". I have two crazy kids and a great husband. My son is 6.5 and my little girl is 3.5. I am ready to get my body back. I lost 11 lbs last year doing scale back with my friends.Since then my friends have become busy and haven't logged on MFP. From 0ct - Jan I gained it all back. :frown: I have lose 4 lbs with my friends doing scale back again this year. I am at 146 right now. I would like to get down to 125 with baby steps. I have sent you a request.

Destiny
  • sdbacher
    sdbacher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to lose 20 pounds and I'm having a really tough time. I've only lost 1 pound in 2 months. I am training for a half marathon and run 3 times a week (4 miles one day, 5 another and then increase the last day, right now I'm at 8). I've been told that I look more toned, however, my clothes don't really feel like they're fitting differently.

I tend to eat between 1500-1700 calories a day because that's what all these different calorie calculators say will allow about 1 pound per week weight loss. Are the type of calories I'm eating wrong, should I be eating less? The same calorie calculators say I need to eat 2200 to maintain my weight.

Here's my details: 5'4", 160 pounds. Any suggestions? I did weight weighters in the past, but I really want to learn how to lose weight on my own and keep it off. Thanks for the assistance!
  • amandarusco
    Options
    ;0
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you to those who sent me a friend request that included a message. Hopefully we can motivate each other and hold ourselves accountable.

I just changed my diary settings to "public for friends only." I'm not perfect but I also don't want to hide anything from my MFP friends. Just a side note, I always underestimate my exercise calories because I've heard too many people say MFP overstates this. I just purchased an HRM from ebay so it will be interesting to see how the two compare.

Another MFP member posted this article and said it was his "bible." I found it to be extremely helpful and I refer to it again and again. Just thought I would share it with all of you. Have a great day!

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/weight-loss.php#section1
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you to those who sent me a friend request that included a message. Hopefully we can motivate each other and hold ourselves accountable.

I just changed my diary settings to "public for friends only." I'm not perfect but I also don't want to hide anything from my MFP friends. Just a side note, I always underestimate my exercise calories because I've heard too many people say MFP overstates this. I just purchased an HRM from ebay so it will be interesting to see how the two compare.

Another MFP member posted this article and said it was his "bible." I found it to be extremely helpful and I refer to it again and again. Just thought I would share it with all of you. Have a great day!

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/weight-loss.php#section1

Thank you for this! I'm going to have to take some time to read it!!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    So are we going to move this into a motivation & support group or keep going on this thread? Do we want some weekly challenges?
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to move this to a motivation and support group with fun challenges I'm down for it. I'm just a little busy this week so may not have the time to create a group/new thread/whatever. A couple of you have mentioned it at this point so please feel free to start something...seems there are enough of us in the same boat. Let me know what you decide to do!!!!
    Excited for March!!
  • garden_girl18
    garden_girl18 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Chocolatnoir!

I'm totally in the same boat! I'm 5'6, and currently weigh 148. I would like to get back down to 130 (but I wouldn't say no to 125 :laugh: ) I will add you as a friend! And a group with challenges would be great too! Keep up the good work!