Game night - halp!

Options
TheMotherAwesome
TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
I'm attending our bi-weekly game night with my (mostly male, non-dieting) friends. I need to bring an appetizer that is a) quick b) healthy and low-calorie and c) will still be appealing to giant cry-baby men. ;) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    Taco Soup

1 pound chicken cut into bite sized chunks--or any other lean meat
    1/2 onion diced
    2 cans no salt added whole kernel corn
    2 cans kidney beans
    1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
    1 can rotel
    1 ranch dressing packet
    1 low sodium taco seasoning packet
    1 cup low sodium chicken stock--or water

brown meat and onion until no longer pink in a soup pot. You may need a touch of oil.
    Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20-30 mins on low to medium heat.
    Garnish with cheese, sour cream and fritos or whole grain tortilla chips.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    That sounds fun... like watching games or playing them?
    My suggestion would be something that could keep your mouth busy like veggies and dip. Then something else that isn't your favorite. I don't really like doughnuts so I can usually stay away from them - but seems like everyone else LOVES them. A nacho bar (taco meat, cheese, re fried beans, lettuce-tomato-onion, sour cream sounds good too- you could make yours lighter! Have funnnnn!!! :)
  • ddrobins1956
    Options
    I like to make Roll ups. Use large tortillas, spread with fat free cream cheese, sliced black olives, chopped green onion, finely chopped broccolli, etc. what ever you like and you can also use lunch meat and cheese.
    Roll these up starting at one end and rolling right across. They slice a bit better if you make them an hour ahead and then slice them into about 3/4 in slices. They look nice and are very tasty and not bad in the calorie dept.
  • jnam7619
    jnam7619 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Those sound really good, I'm going to make some to keep in the fridge for a snack for me!!