Looking for friends to help motivate me

Options
My overall goal is to lose the weight and be healthy. I have high genetic risk factors for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. I also currently suffer from Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and borderline type 2 diabetes. I am a proud first time mommy and I would like to live as long as I possibly can, as well as set a good example for my little girl. Unfortunately I lack support from my friends and family. They've basically given up on me and my yo-yo dieting. So I'm hoping to make friends on here to can help motivate me to keep on going and not give up.

I've been obese since I was 4 years old. I finally opened my eyes to the fact that this is a serious problem that I need to address. My health is suffering as you read above and I want to live as long as I possibly can so I can watch my daughter grow up and have children of her own. This isn't a diet. This is a lifestyle change that I desperately need to make.

Please feel free to add me as a friend on here or to message me. I'm not positive I'll remember to come back to check the forum. Thank you everyone and best of luck to all of you as well!

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    This isn't a diet. This is a lifestyle change that I desperately need to make.

absolutely!! this website is awesome and the people on here are amazing :) good luck with everything!
  • Rnjennmcc
    Rnjennmcc Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome and good luck !!! Support here is Amazing :bigsmile: Friend request sent!!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! I figure everyday is just that! I am 2 weeks into my new life! I also am sure I will need motivation when the days get rough and the scale start to slow down in the decreasing stagel Please add me as a friend and we can motivate together!
  • chitarralove
    Options
    I'm just now getting started with this site. I want to make the lifestyle change!! I also want friends to motivate me!!
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    I find their is alot of support on here:) losing weight is hard! I myself was always small till I had kids and OMG its HARD! We all have different reason that motivate us and what works for us but we all need support.....WELCOME and i already added you as a friend. Feel free to message me if you need added support:flowerforyou:
  • nkaplosinit
    nkaplosinit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!
  • citizenpioneer
    citizenpioneer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think that now you've realized it's not simply a diet, but a lifestyle change, you are totally ready and it will happen. I think this site is great and has helped me, and once you realize how many calories are actually in foods and how many calories exercise actually burns the pounds will eventually start to melt away!