Zumba...success stories??

Options
Anyone out there working out using the Zumba program? I have never been to a class, but I ordered the full system on DVD and just recieved it. It is so much fun!! Anyone have motivating stories they can share to help keep me going?? Thanks!!

Replies

• Juleswithaplan
    Juleswithaplan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bumping this - I think Zumba is a kick!
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I actually mainly do the live class but doing mainly just Zumba and giving up soda has caused me to lose 12 pounds since the middle of January :). I love it!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!!!
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Zumba just makes me smile. It doesn't feel like exercise.
  • sweettandb
    sweettandb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba cardio dvd which is a blast and a great workout as well. I've lost 7 lbs so far. Started this journey pretty much at the beginning of Feb. Not seeing much on the scale yet but can definitely tell a major difference as far as inches are concerned.
  • paleslypink
    paleslypink Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba for the Wii the other day. I've only done it once at the beginner stage for 20 minutes and let me tell you it was definitely a work out! I didn't know the moves but I was moving around trying my hardest. I was out of breath and sweating... From my experience I would say that it definitely seems like it will work.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for 2 months now and I LOVE it and how it makes me feel! I love seeing my waist line get smaller and I have the DVDs...

This was the first program I have tried to where I have to do it everyday!! I just smile every time I am doing it! I am actually going to take a Zumba Instructor training, to become a certified instructor in April. For people who aren't into the gym and stuff like that (which I'm not) it is perfect. I am going to take more measurements next month so I can see exactly what it has done thus far...but I absolutely LOVE it! Good luck to you girl! It works!
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I mix Zumba in with the other cardio work outs I do..it is a lot of fun, plus you learn how to dance in the process :-) As long as you are breaking a good sweat, it's doing its job :-)
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba for Wii yesterday and did an hour last night and 40 minutes today! I have done the live classes before, but the price and lack of a babysitter didn't allow me to stay with it. I am so excited about getting it on Wii! I will let you know how it goes for me!!
  • am1990
    Options
    Girl, Zumba is amazing. I had stop doing it for a while and i gained all my weight back. But when I did do, i nearly dropped 10 pounds in the first week and a half... that includes a 1200 diet too of course. If you like it, stick to it. I promise you should see results. I also just got the DVDs. I use to do it in class, which is wayyy fun, but unfortunately my job won't let me off in time to do it anymore!
  • tamzi4864
    tamzi4864 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Zumba! is amazing!!! Going to the classes regularly helps because it gives you a feeling of accountablity...they expect to see you! I have a ton of workout DVDs (not Zumba though) and I never do them because there a million other things at home I could be doing other than working out. That is why I make myself go to the class. The areas I see the most improvement on is my waistline....the more you shake the more your abs work. Keeping your core engaged at all times will give you a GREAT burn!!!! Good luck....IT'S YOUR PARTY!!!!