tracking excercise

Options
I work all day in a vets office. I am walking back and forth doing kennels. How would you track that correctly?

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    When you set your goals, you set your activity level to "Lightly Active", and it will adjust accordingly. Since this is a regular activity, you account for it there and you don't have to add it every day as exercise.
  • HungryTuna
    Options
    This is great advice!

And if you wanted, you could get a pedometer and track your steps too!
    When you set your goals, you set your activity level to "Lightly Active", and it will adjust accordingly. Since this is a regular activity, you account for it there and you don't have to add it every day as exercise.
  • wagondriver
    Options
    You can purchase a pedometer from Walmart, Target or any Sporting Goods Store, just to name a few stores. A pedometer would allow you to acccurately count your steps and will convert it to miles for you and you could than enter walking and the distance for the day into your exercise log. It may not seem like alot, but I wore a pedometer when I mowed my grass one day (1/3 acre) and in 1 hour, I had walk 3 miles while pushing the mower. You may be walking as many miles if not more throughout the day. Good luck and take care.

Chris

"something is better than nothing"
  • rlynnst
    rlynnst Posts: 14
    Options
    eXCEPT, I am not lightly active. Seriously. its 6 hours of walking. When we are having a realyl busy day I dont stop walking. I have two buildings I go back and for the between. I walk dogs to potty two times a day not to mention the day care and grooms that drop off.
  • rlynnst
    rlynnst Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas every one.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel That lightly active is right, then set it to active. Either way, regular activity is accounted for there, not in the daily exercise log. The daily log is for exercise above and beyond your normal activity level. Set it to active and see what results you have. You can always change those settings later.