Move over facebook....

Options
Move over facebook....myfitnesspal is my new most visited website!! I have had the mobile app for 2 weeks and I love it! Today is the first day I actually logged onto the website. I love it even more then the mobile version! The people on here are very friendly and offer great advice. It's great to connect with people who have the same goals and struggles that I do. I'm looking forward to losing all my weight along with gaining new friends. Add me and let's encourage one another!

Replies

• paleslypink
    paleslypink Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think I'd much rather come on here rather then Facebook.
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me as a friend! This site is much more friendly than FB too! Love it!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Definitely more positive here than on facebook. And a little bit more addictive too (even w/ the facebook games lol)

Feel free to add me!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think it's because, generally speaking, everyone is so darn positive here!! And that we're all in it together :smile:

I agree, this is my new 'crackbook' lol

I'll send you a friend request...addicts love company :laugh:

Leslie
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. Ive been on here lookin around for the last couple hours and have already chatted with so many great ppl! Why didn't I find this site sooner?? lol I really wish i could have the app on my phone but i have a stupid windows phone :(
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great to see you on here! I love it here!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am totatlly addicted to this website as well!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I spend way more time on here than I do FB now! I love MFP! When I am not working out or logging in my food or whatever I look around and see what people share. It's a fab community. I love it too!!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I completely and totally agree!!! I check both places pretty often, but have been spending the majority of my time here because I just can't get enough of the positive energy and overall comraderie!!!!

Love everything about this site!!! Especially the awesome people on it! Yahoo!!!!!
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    Me too! I am hardly ever on FB anymore! I love how positive this place is :wink:
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Facebook, what's that? lolololo just kidding, agreed, I love this site... Facebook is great for connecting with friends and family. I started a weight loss challenge in my facebook groups for my friends and family, it ended today. 7 of us lost close to 10 lbs each over 8 weeks, and most of them joined this site because of the challenge..... this site has it benefits but so does facebook. Don't ya'll just LOVE networking... I wish I would have invented it.. I would be rich now and I could hire a chef and a personal trainer... hahahahahahah
  • nkaplosinit
    nkaplosinit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I deleted my facebook account completely 2 months ago and not planning on going back! This is my first week here, looking forward to weighing in on Friday!!!
  • SHERRIE134
    SHERRIE134 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree totally, Started this site 5 weeks ago with my family(14 of us) as part of a biggest loser challenge. We post and motivate each other daily. It's been wonderful. Were starting to see and feel results. This site is so positive and easy to use. I'm thinking of deleting my facebook account because i'm addicted to MFP
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I agree! I am on here way more than facebook. I love this site. It is very positive and motivating. I joined a couple of weeks ago and poor facebook has been completely neglected!
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    double what you said----I totally agree!!!!!
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sooo true! I now check in here instead and my face book is full of MFP progress posts....lol... take that farmville friends. hahaha
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sooo true! I now check in here instead and my face book is full of MFP progress posts....lol... take that farmville friends. hahaha

YES!! I love that!!! Take that, political rhetoric Huffington Post-posters!!! LOL
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    This site is awesome so far and I'm bouncing back and forth between the 2 :) My hope here is to find some local exercise buddies. I found my way to this site through a facebook weight loss and fitness support group started by a friend. The group there is pretty active, private and invite only with people that are connected by actually knowing each other in real life for the most part. We've got near 100 people involved and about 40 of us are doing the Warrior Dash in June. (It will be my first!) It has been a great motivator.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    hahaha crackbook! yes this is my new addiction too!

AND I dont have to feel like a desperate gen y (no offence gen yers!) to ask for friends, since the people who are my friend are also my sources of motivation and eventually success :)

The more friends the merrier!!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there and glad you dropped it for the online version. I don't have the app on my phone but I'm sure it is great too. The support is great on here! I was spending way too much time on fb and this site is sooo much healthier:)