Any suggestions about supplements?

Options
I need advice on supplements. I would love to know what people are taking for joint pain. My knees hurt so bad after working out. What about something for energy?

Replies

• bp1984
    bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Before taking anything for your knees. I suggest seeing a DR. to see if its not just inflammation or arthritis. As for energy B vitamins do wonder; they are found in every energy drink
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I take Triple Flex w/D3 by Nature Made. It's Glucosamine & Chondroitin. So far, it has made a noticeable difference. I've been taking it for just over a month. The first time I tried the recumbent bike last month, my knees were so swollen and sore afterward. I tried it again today, and they were only a little puffy for a short time, but no pain.

For energy, I like 5-hour Energy when I really need it fast. In general though, oolong tea and an Alive multi-vitamin are usually enough during the week.
  • mhshockley123
    Options
    Thanks! I will give it a try. I did a spin class last week and that's when it all started.
  • mhshockley123
    Options
    Ok! Thanks!
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love natural things so for things such as joint pain especially from working out, I soak in epsom salt and lavender in a hot bath. For energy, Wholefoods stores sell B-12 pills you can let dissolve under your tongue that works pretty fast.
  • chefswife1975
    chefswife1975 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Calcium and magnesium can be found in a joint (pardon the pun) supplement. This is a great way to help with joint pain and being a woman, calcium is a great supplement anyway. However, if your knees hurt that bad after working out, you may want to talk to a doctor or a physical therapist to find out what's going on and find out some great exercises that will still help you get where you need to be, but won't kill your knees. I've had arthritis in my knees since I was 14 from horseback riding and ballet and I just have to make sure to strengthen them with low-impact exercises like swimming before I can go on to more difficult exercises.

B-Vitamins are great for an energy boost, but be careful because it is possible to OD on them. Take them as directed on the bottle with your multi-vitamin. I also have a cup of green tea when I'm feeling sluggish and it perks me right up. I realize this is because of the caffeine, but it has so many great benefits.